The PARANORMAL Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Paranormal and Supernatural Fiction. The Paranormal Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Information about the #CIBAs Long Lists and Short Lists and Announcement Rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors).
These entries are now in competition for the 2018 PARANORMAL SHORT LIST. The Short Listers will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions. The coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2018 PARANORMAL Book Awards will be selected from the Semi-Finalists in the final rounds of judging. The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony.
The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the PARANORMAL GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2018 PARANORMAL Book Awards novel competition for Paranormal and Supernatural Fiction.
The Official 2018 PARANORMAL Book Awards Long List:
- Christine Grabowski – Dickensen Academy
- T. L. Augury – Witches Brew
- Vince Bailey – Path of the Half Moon
- K.A. Banks – Anthesteria
- A. P. Caruso – Open Clarity
- Gina Detwiler – Forsaken
- Lydia Staggs – Zera
- Jeny Heckman – The Sea Archer
- Nick Korolev – The 13th Child
- Franklin Posner – Suburban Vampire Ragnarok
- Linda Watkins – Storm Island: A Kate Pomeroy Mystery
- Elaine Williams Crockett – Do Not Ask
- M. Goldsmith and A. Malin – The House of Fire
- John Byron – Blood and Moonlight; The New Methuselah
- Glen Shipherd – Infinity – Rulers
- London Clarke – The Meadows
- Joy Ross Davis – Peaches and Lace
- BJ Kurtz – Shattering Boundaries
- Joy Ross Davis – Countenance
- C.A. Larmer – Do Not Go Alone (A Posthumous Mystery 2)
- Anne Francis Scott – Lost Souls
- Gurpreet Kaur Sidhu – Storm: It’s a curse to remember
- Claudia Herring – Obsessions of a Djinni
- Joy Ross Davis – Emalyn’s Treasure
- C.A. Larmer – Do Not Go Gentle
- Joy Ross Davis – The Madwoman of Preacher’s Cove
- D.B. Sieders – River Spell
- D.B. Sieders – Raising the Dead
- J. L. Middleton – Operation Blackout
- Ramcy Diek – Storm at Keizer Manor
- Ryan J. Lyons – Sojourn with the Sasquatch: A Memoir of Five Months Spent Living Among the North American Apes
- Olivia Bernard – The Balance and the Blade
- Elizabeth Crowens – Dear Mr. Hitchcock
- Joy Ross Davis – The Witch of Blacklion
- Andrea Murray – Something New
To view the 2017 Paranormal Book Awards winners, please click here.
The Paranormal Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
Avanti Centrae is the author of the international award-winning VanOps thriller series. The Lost Power took home a PARANORMAL grand prize ribbon at CIBA 2017. Her work has been compared to that of James Rollins, Steve Berry, Dan Brown, and Preston/Child’s Pendergast series. She resides in Northern California with her family and German Shepherds. Avanti is represented by Parkeast Literary Agency.