Chanticleer Genre Writing Competitions & Book Awards (2018 & 2019 & 2020)
Enter in one of 16 divisions competitions to put your book in the running for Chanticleer’s Best Books of the Year.
Prizes to be won:
- All First in Category Winning Titles will be placed in the queue to receive a coveted Chanticleer Book Review Package (value $425) and go on to compete for the genre Grand Prize and the Overall Grand Prize.
- The Overall Grand Prize Winner is named Chanticleer Reviews Best Book of the Year and awarded the $1000 prize
- All Winners receive a Chanticleer Prize Package which includes a digital badge, a ribbon and a whole assortment of goodies detailed below (winners outside the US pay a shipping & handling fee)
- Some years we also receive extra prizes donated from businesses, these are TBA closer to the Book Awards Gala. Examples: 2015 prizes included donations from The Writer Magazine and Bublish.
That’s more than $30,000.00 worth of cash and prizes! The Fine Print.
~$1000 CASH for one lucky Overall Grand Prize Winner
~$25,000 in prize packages were awarded to Category Winners
The Chanticleer Prize Package includes:
- A Prize Ribbon to use in promotion at book signings and book festivals
- Digital Badges for display on your website or incorporation into book covers will be available mid-May to download.
- Book stickers to identify your print books to bookstore shoppers as they browse
Note: If you cannot attend the book awards ceremony to receive your ribbon on stage, please note that we will begin mailing out ribbon packages to book award winners in June. Award Winners not living in the U.S. will need to pay for international postage.
In addition to all the ribbons and badges and cash awards we will be showering you with, you will also receive a powerful promotional boost from Chanticleer Reviews, with:
- Your name and book title announced on our high traffic website at the finalist stage, the category winner stage, the genre grand prize stage, and the overall grand prize stage, depending on how far you go in the competition
- Corresponding social media announcements of your contest advancements
- Corresponding newsletter announcements to our sizable email list
- Your winning title’s review published in our Chanticleer Reviews Magazine
- Your book may also be seen and noticed by agents, publishers, Hollywood producers, and others within the publishing and entertainment industry who see our contests as a way to spot new and upcoming talent and original story ideas
Now for the Fine Print (We have very little fine print, so don’t worry.).
- Blue Ribbon Package – you will need to pay for postage to have your blue ribbon package mailed if you live outside of the U.S.A. The package will include your blue ribbon, adhesive stickers, digital badges, and other goodies. You can pay for international postage through our website or by paying directly through PayPal.
We will need for you to email us your current mailing address and updated information to: CIBAdmin@ChantiReviews.com
** A small sampling of adhesive gold-toned book stickers will be included in your ribbon mailing. Additional adhesive stickers for purchase will be available through a special winners circle portal that will be online.