The Chanticleer International Book Awards Blue Ribbon Competitions discover outstanding works and recognize emerging new talent in today’s era of unbounded publishing.
Submissions to CBR Blue Ribbons Awards are received from around the world. Entries hail from the United Kingdom, Germany, Malta, Italy, Spain, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Iceland, and more. Our writing competitions are truly international in scope.
- If you have a particular question, please do not hesitate to contact us at Chanticleer@ChantiReviews.com
- In the meantime, please visit our Facebook page for the latest results as they arrive from CBR’s judges. Thank you!
Judging Rounds for Each Division (14 fiction divisions and 2 Non-fiction divisions) of the annual Chanticleer International Book Awards (the CIBAs)
- Entries of each division are added to our secure tracking system for the judging rounds and go into the SLUSHPILE
- First-round determines if a work (manuscript or recently published) is “slushed” or does it continue to the Long List
- The CIBA division Long List is announced on the Chanticleer Reviews website under Contest Information
- Long Listed works are read and judged on whether or not they remain Long Listed or move forward to the SHORTLIST
- The works that advanced to the Shortlist for each division are announced on the CR website and are eligible for SHORTLISTED digital badges and stickers.
- Shortlisted works continue to be read and then determined if they remain Shortlisted or move forward to the Semi-Finalists positions
- Semi-Finalists’ works of each division will compete for the Quarter-Finalists positions as the field continues to shrink
- The works that advance to the Semi-Finalists position are announced on the Chanticleer Reviews website and are eligible for SEMI-FINALIST digital badges and stickers
- 1st Place Awards Winners are selected from the Semi-Finalists and are announced at the CIBA Banquet and Ceremony
- Division Grand Prize Winners are determined from the divisions’ 1st Place Winners. These are announced at the CIBA Banquet and Ceremony
- The OVERALL CIBA Grand Prize Winner is determined from the 16 Grand Prize Division Winners This one is also announced at the CIBA Banquet and Ceremony
The 2019 CIBA Banquet and Ceremony will be held on Saturday, September 5, 2020, hosted by the Chanticleer Authors Conference that is scheduled to take place at the Hotel Bellwether located in Bellingham, Wash. where Chanticleer Reviews is headquartered.
The 2020 CIBA Banquet and Ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 17, 2021.
NOTE: These are tentative dates and are subject to change. We will continuously update this page as writing competitions rotate.
Each work entered will be judged on the following criteria:
- Is the Story Compelling?
- Professionalism of Editing and Formatting
- Continuity of Story-line
- Satisfying Ending (not necessarily “happy”)
- Intriguing Opening
- Uniqueness of Story
- Writing Craft
- Story Arc
Chanticleer Book Reviews Grand Prize Blue Ribbon for Best Book Award
Chanticleer Book Reviews retains the right to not declare “default winners.” Winning works are decided upon merit only and not empty slots.
Prize packages may change at any time.
Please visit this website often for updates! Please do not hesitate to contact info@ChantiReviews.com about any concerns, questions, or suggestions about CBR writing competitions. Your input is important to us.