The 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference
the 2019 Chanticleer International
Book Awards Ceremony
will take place
VIRTUALLY and LIVE
Tuesday, September 8 through Sunday, September 13, 2020
Presenters as of July 10, 2020 (please check back often for the latest information in these unprecedented times).
- Robert Dugoni, International Best-selling Thriller Author. His books are sold world-wide in more than 25 countries. His current work, The Eighth Sister is currently in development with Lionsgate Productions for 11-episodes for TV.
JD Barker, Master of Suspense
- J. D. Barker, Master of Suspense. J.D. Barker successfully published his debut as an indie and sold enough copies to land on the radar of the traditional publishers in a BIG way including seven-figure advances, two feature films, and a television program.
Scott Steindorff, Film Producer
- Scott Steindorff, CEO of Stone Village Productions, will join us again and share the latest insider information for the Film Industry. He is currently in production for a film adaption of Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. Station Eleven will also be adapted into a 10-episode miniseries that will premiere on HBO Max. The miniseries will star Mackenzie Davis as Kirsten and Himesh Patel as Jeevan.
Paul Cutsinger – Head of Amazon’s Alexa Project
- Paul Cutsinger – Head of Amazon Alexa Labs– (+100 million devices in use) Voice enabled technology and how it affects storytelling and the publishing industry. ●Why Voice Enabled Technology is Here to Stay ● The Publishing Industry and Voice Technology ● Storytelling and Voice Technology ● Audio-books and Voice
Jessica Page Morrell – Top Editor
- Jessica Page Morrell’s writing craft sessions will help you to take your work to the next level. She is a highly sought after developmental editor. She is known for explaining the hows and whys of what makes for excellent writing and for sharing very clear examples that examines the technical aspects of writing that emphases layering and subtext. Her books on writing craft are considered “a must have” for any serious writer’s toolkit.
- Please visit the CAC 20 Faculty Page for more detailed information about the presenters.
- The presentation schedule will be posted in early August, 2020.
- The CIBA Awards Ceremonies schedule has been posted. Details are added weekly.
More Topics to be Discussed and Presented at CAC 20 Virtual
(Please check back as we update this page with the latest information)
- Podcast generation
- Audio-book creation
- Storytelling and Voice Technology
- Social Media for Authors and Publishers
- Meta Data, SEO, and Analytics – explained. 3 levels of sessions
- Publishing Platforms for a GLOBAL Market
- Ask the Expert Sessions — YES on ZOOM
- Blockchain and Publishing
- Why Authors Should Write Series and How To Structure a Series
- 7 Must Haves for a Successful Series
- Making the Unbelievable Believable in Your Writing
- Just Call Out My Name – Connecting and Cross Promotion
- Interactive Fiction Writing – Tomorrow’s Best Sellers
- The Scroll Free Life – Taking Control of Social Media
- Tools of the Writing Trade: Story Bibles and Style Guides
- Exploration of New and Revolutionary Ways of Storytelling including delving into immersive, mixed reality, and digital art
- Nonlinear Story Lines – What Hollywood Wants
- Subplots – The Stories Within Stories
- Captivating Co-Stars: Why Secondary Characters Need More Attention
- BookBub – Navigating and How to Increase Your Success of Getting Your Books Accepted
- How to Increase Suspense in Your Work-in-Progress
- More topics added weekly! Please check back!
Chris Hindenburg – CEO of Hindenburg Systems – Audiobook and podcast production tools & best practices
Chris Mottes, CEO of the global Hindenburg Systems
Simon-Pierre Marion – CEO of Bookchain by Scenarex – a brand new platform to publish and distribute ebooks on blockchain technology.
Simon-Pierre Marion, CEO of Bookchain by Scenarex
Janice S. Ellis, Ph.D., award winning author has written a column for newspapers, radio, and now online, for the last 30 years where she analyzes educational, political, social and economic issues across race, ethnicity, age and socio-economic status. Janice Ellis holds a Ph.D. in Communication Arts, and two Master of Arts degrees, one in Communications Arts and a second in Political Science, all from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin.
Janice Ellis, Ph.D.
Amy Stapleton – Amy Stapleton is Co-Founder of Chatables, a publisher of voice first conversational stories and tools to support authors. Prior to Chatables, Stapleton founded Tellables and served as voice app designer, writer and editor of content for the Tellables Amazon Alexa story experiences “Tricky Genie” and “My Box of Chocolates. Stapleton retired from a career at NASA to pursue her vision of transforming talking devices into a platform for engaging new story experiences.
Diane Garland – Founder of YOUR WORLD KEEPER editorial services – the secret to writing a successful book series
Diane Garland is the master of continuity editing and world building.
Joy Ross Davis After a twenty-five year career as a college English professor, she retired and traveled to Ireland where she worked as a writer and photographer, publishing numerous travel articles and photos for a travel agency. She has been a contributing feature writer for a local newspaper and has published articles in Southern literary magazines. Her first novel, Countenance, won the Gold Medal for Excellence from Readers’ Favorites. Her newest novel The Madwoman of Preacher’s Cove won the Grand Prize in Paranormal Fiction in 2018 from Chanticleer Author Awards in Seattle and was picked up for publication by Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing.
Cami Ostman – Founder of the Narrative Project – psychotherapist and writing coach
Cami Ostman – CEO of the Narrative Project
Pamela Beason – author of 14 mysteries and experiences BookBub user. She will share her knowledge of Bookbub and how to write a sustained series with us.
Pamela Beason, Private Investigator, Ghost Writer, and Author of the Four Mysteries Series
Wendy Delaney is the author of the award-winning Working Stiffs Mystery series and a sought-after “plotstormer” who loves to help other writers develop their story lines. With over twenty years in the business of being an author, Wendy speaks at regional writers’ conferences and has coached writers to help them map out their stories as well as their author goals. As a veteran of both the traditionally published and indie author worlds, she has a wealth of experience she loves to share with other writers.
Janet K Shawgo
Denise Ditto Satterfield
Please check back often as we continue to add presenters on a weekly basis. We will have more information about the presenters on the faculty page.
Don’t delay. Register Today.