A Week to Remember…and Recognition in the Chanticleer Reviews quarterly print magazine.
All Semi-Finalists will be recognized in the FALL Edition Chanticleer Magazine and all in attendance of CAC 20 will be recognized throughout the CIBA Ceremonies.
All FINALISTS will be recognized in the 2020 WINTER Issue of the Chanticleer Reviews magazine.
All First Place and Grand Prize winners will be recognized in the SPRING Issue of the Chanticleer Reviews magazine.
2019 VIRTUAL CEREMONIES at CAC 20
First Rounds will recognize the Finalists per Division and announce the First Place Category Award Winners.
The Grand Prize Winners for each Division and the OVERALL Grand Prize Winner will be announced on Sunday, September 13th at 5:30 p.m. PST.
FIRST PLACE CATEGORY ROUNDS of the 2019 CIBAs
Presenters are previous CIBA Winners!
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 5 p.m. PST LIVE –
- CYGNUS Book Awards for Science Fiction – Presenter: Elana Mugdan – OZMA Grand Prize Winner 2018
- OZMA Book Awards for Fantasy Fiction – Presenter: J.I. Rogers – CYGNUS Grand Prize Winner 2018
- PARANORMAL Book Awards for Supernatural Fiction – Presenter: Chris Leibig – Paranormal Grand Prize Winner
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 5 p.m. PST LIVE
- DANTE ROSSETTI Book Awards for YA Fiction – Presenter: Pamela Beason – Overall Grand Prize Winner 2013
- GERTRUDE WARNER Book Awards for Middle-Grade – Presenter: Peter Greene – Goethe Grand Prize 2017
- LITTLE PEEPS for Early Readers – Presenter: Denise Ditto Satterfield – Little Peeps Grand Prize Winner 2018
Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 5 p.m. PST LIVE
- LARAMIE Book Awards for Americana Fiction – Presenter: Jacquie Rogers – Laramie Grand Prize Winner 2016
- CHAUCER Book Awards for pre-1750s Historical Fiction – Presenter: Michelle Cox – Mystery & Mayhem Grand Prize Winner 2018
- GOETHE Book Awards for post-1750s Historical Fiction – Presenter: Kaylin McFarren – CLUE Grand Prize Winner 2017
- NELLIE BLY Book Awards for Investigative and Long Form Journalism Non-Fiction: Presenter: Sean Dwyer – Somerset & Journeys Award Winner
Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5 p.m. PST LIVE
- M&M Book Awards for Mystery & Mayhem Novels – Presenter: Wendy Delaney – Mystery & Mayhem Grand Prize Winner 2015
- CLUE Book Awards for Suspense & Thrillers Novels – Presenter: J.L. Oakley – Overall Grand Prize Winner 2012
- GLOBAL THRILLERS for High Stakes Suspense Thrillers – Presenter: Sara Stamey – Global Thriller Grand Prize Winner 2017
Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 5 p.m. PST LIVE
- CHATELAINE Book Awards for Romantic Fiction – Presenter: Janet Shawgo – Chatelaine Grand Prize
- SOMERSET Book Awards for Contemporary, Literary, and Satire Fiction – Presenter: Michelle Rene – Overall Grand Prize Winner 2018
- JOURNEY Book Awards for Memoir and Narrative Non-Fiction – Presenter: Janice Ellis -Journey Grand Prize Winner 2018
- I & I Book Awards for Instruction and Insight Non-Fiction – Presenter: Gail Halverson – Chatelaine Award Winner
The CIBAs GRAND PRIZE ROUNDS (Dress to Impress!)
Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. PST LIVE
- CYGNUS – Elana Mugdan
- OZMA – J.I. Rogers
- PARANORMAL – Chris Leibig
- DANTE ROSSETTI – Pamela Beason
- GERTRUDE WARNER – Peter Greene
- LITTLE PEEPS – Denise Ditto Satterfield
- LARAMIE – Jacquie Rogers
- CHAUCER – Michelle Cox
- GOETHE – Kaylin McFarren
- NELLIE BLY – Sean Dwyer
- MYSTERY & MAYHEM – Wendy Delaney
- CLUE – Janet Oakley
- GLOBAL THRILLER – Sara Stamey
- CHATELAINE – Janet Shawgo
- SOMERSET – Michelle Rene
- JOURNEY – Janice Ellis
- INSTRUCTION and INSIGHT – Gail Halverson
And we will culminate the 2019 CIBA Ceremonies with announcing the 2019 OVERALL GRAND PRIZE for Best Book! – Presented by Michelle Rene, the 2018 Grand Prize Overall Winner for Hour Glass.
Then Seventeen Genre Grand Prize Book Award Winners will be announced and, then the Overall Chanticleer Reviews Grand Prize Award Winner will be announced. Grand Prize winners are chosen from among the first place category winners.
Get dressed up, and make your ceremony a night to remember!
Have your favorite bubbly ready! Appetizers at the Ready!
And Cheer for your favorites!
The Coveted Chanticleer Blue Ribbons will be mailed out starting in late September.
All 2019 First Place Category Book Award Winners will be announced. Those in attendance will receive their ribbons and recognized on stage at the CIBA Banquet and Ceremony.
Thank you and your entire team for the experience of a lifetime. Cheers, J.I. Rogers
...And the Awards Dinner! I can’t say enough about it. It was fantastic. Like attending the Oscars. Everything – all weekend – was so well done and thought out and ran so smoothly, you’d think Chanticleer had an army of 100 working for them. All of this against a beautiful water view setting in Bellingham, Washington. By far, the most fun I’ve ever had at a conference, and considering all the sessions, lunches, and dinners, etc., a great value. Thank you! Elaine Williams Crockett