Congratulations SHORT LISTERS!
7 Things to do if you are a Semi-finalist / SHORT LISTER in the Chanticleer International Writing Competitions and Book Awards:
Register for the Chanticleer Authors Conference. All Short-Listers in attendance will be recognized at the conference and at the Awards Ceremony. If your title was moved forward from out of the slush pile to the Finalists List, and then made the third cut to be a SHORT LISTER, you are entitled to say that you are a Chanticleer Book Awards Short Lister or (Your Genre) Short Lister! You can put that on your book cover, order Short Lister Book Stickers, and use the Short Lister Digital Badge in the promotion of the short-listed book.
- And at the Awards Ceremony, you can walk up to the podium and accept your Short Lister award and certificate! To be SHORT-LISTED, your novel must have received at least a 4-out-5 ranking from all the judging rounds.
- The First Place Category Winners are determined from the Official Short List of each of the genre writing competitions. The Grand Prize winners are determined from the 5 First Place Category Winners. First Place Category Winners and the Grand Prize Winners are announced the night of our Awards Gala so you will want to be there if your name is called.
- The conference will also have a public, 3-day, staffed book room managed by Village Books (# 5 ranked Independent Bookstore in the U.S. by Publisher’s Weekly) where all attendees books may be featured and sold.
- Of course, you do not have to be present to win or receive your book’s award package. However, it is a great time!
- Announce, promote, push it out there into the universe. Tweet about it. Use Hashtags like: #ShortListerCR #bookawards #finalist #chanticleerfamily. And don’t forget to mention @chantireviews so that we may re-tweet it for you!
- Update your website to reflect your Finalist, Short-Listed, First Place Winner, or Grand Prize winner status. Update your book page on Amazon. Goodreads. Kobo. Wherever you can enter book award information about your book, be sure to do it!
- Be sure to use the snazzy digital badges that we supply. Use them to promote you and your award winning book!
- Put it on your bookmarks, postcards, shelf-talkers and other promotional material.
- Put it on your book cover. A small blurb on the front cover is usually the classiest way to go.
- And don’t forget about book stickers –proven effective point-of-sale tool!
- Find your digital badge below and use it on your social media, blog posts, and website. It is designed for digital use, not print use. It will look best in a digital medium.
- Fill out our social survery to make it easier for us to find you on social media.
Short Lister, First Place Category Winner, and Grand Prize Winners Swag
2016 Blue Ribbon Packages – If you live in the US your Blue Ribbon Package will be sent to you after you confirm your latest address and respond to our official notification email. If you live outside the US, order your international shipping box and be sure to reply to our official notification email.
Gold Sticker Reorders – $35.00 per 220 stickers plus shipping.
Order more gold foil GRAND PRIZE book stickers.
2016 Digital Winner Badges for 1st in Category and Grand Prize Genre Winners will be posted here by April 17, 2017.
2016 Digital Short List Badges are below:
For Facebook use the one below:
For Twitter use this one:
For your website and blog hopping, use this portrait oriented one below:
2015 Digital Winner Badges for 1st in Category (click the link, right click the image, choose “save image as”):
Cygnus 2015 Awards
Journey 2015 Awards
Mystery & Mayhem 2015 Awards
Dante Rossetti 2015 Awards
Chaucer 2015 Awards
Laramie 2015 Awards
Chatelaine 2015 Awards
Clue 2015 Awards
Paranormal 2015 Awards
Somerset 2015 Awards
2015 Digital Winner Badges for Grand Prize
Cygnus 2015 Grand Prize – James R. Wells
Journey 2015 Grand Prize – Grant Harper Reid
Mystery & Mayhem 2015 Grand Prize – Wendy Delaney
Dante Rossetti 2015 Grand Prize – Nikki McCormack
Chaucer 2015 Grand Prize – Robert A. Wright
Laramie 2015 Grand Prize – Sara Dahmen
Chatelaine 2015 Grand Prize – Nicole Evelina
Clue 2015 Grand Prize – Lonna Enox
Paranormal 2015 Grand Prize – Carolyn Haley
Somerset 2015 Grand Prize – Rick Lenz
Overall Grand Prize – Nicole Evelina
2014 Digital Winner Badges for 1st in Category
Cygnus 2014 Awards
Journey 2014 Awards
Mystery & Mayhem 2014 Awards
Dante Rossetti 2014 Awards
Chaucer 2014 Awards
Laramie 2014 Awards
Chatelaine 2014 Awards
Clue 2014 Awards
Paranormal 2014 Awards
Somerset 2014 Awards
See your name in lights – links to all the book awards winner announcement pages