We are excited to announce Chanticleer Authors Conference & Awards Banquet 2016 (#CAC16) and the Books By the Bay Book Fair!
Friday, Saturday, Sunday April 29-May 1, 2016
At the beautiful Hotel Bellwether, at Squalicum Harbor on beautiful Bellingham Bay, in Bellingham, Washington conveniently located between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C.
Early Bird Prices END January 18th! Don’t delay in purchasing!
Master Classes will be held on Thursday, April 28, 2016 at the Bellingham Yacht Club.
- Robert Dugoni – Advanced Fiction Writing, Taking Your Writing to the Next Level, 1 p.m until 5 p.m.
- Pamela Beason – Creating and Maintaining a Series, 9:30 a.m. until noon
Chanticleer Conference Tracks:
- Marketing, Publicity, Platform (MPP) – Social media savvy, author websites, branding, driving discoverability, cultivating readership and gaining exposure in today’s market.
- Sales Tools & Strategies (STS) – Sales Facilitators: Covers, Reviews, Early Readers, Pre-sales, etc. Applying business sense to sales strategies. Currency Exchange: Dollars for exposure.
- Publishing, Production, Distribution (PDD) – Form & Design. Pitches & Concepts. Working with booksellers. Current Publishing Trends. New Digital Media. And More.
- Writing, Editing, Development (WED) – We’re writers. Naturally, we’re gonna talk about writing.
- Organization, Motivation, Self-help (OMS) – Get your mind on the right page.
Sessions will focus on how to help authors achieve their publishing goals with sessions on:
- Book Marketing Tips & Tools
- Engaging Readers and Building a Fan-base using Leadership Communication
- Understanding Distribution and Sales Channel
- Book Distribution and Trade Show Representation
- WattPad – Book Discovery and Building a Fan Base
- Publishing Avenues – the latest options
- How to Design a Cover that Sells Your Book
- Promotions Checklist and Promotional Strategies for Your Books
- How to Access Book Clubs and Reading Groups
- Secrets to Increasing Your Readership
- The Best Services for Selling Your E-Pubs
- Reviews – How to make yours work harder for you
- Libraries – an insider shares her tips
- Author Branding & Internet Identity
- Social Media Strategies & Savvy
- E-pub Avenues & Tactics
- Discoverability Tools & Strategic Planning for Heightened Visibility
- Audio Books – Perfect for Today’s Busy “Readers”
- The Business of Being a Writer
- Collaboration & Networking to Expand Web Presence
- Branding & Platform Building
- Pricing Strategies
You do NOT have to be a published author to attend this conference! Aspiring authors, and writers of all levels, will benefit immensely from this conference. We will also offer “writing concept” classes to get you on your way!
CAC16 REGISTRATION PACKAGES
Three Day Complete Pass:
$495 ($395 Early Bird) per person includes: Sessions and the opportunity to have books for sale in the staffed Book Room that will be open to the general public for three days. Three Luncheons with Keynote Speakers, Friday Dinner with keynote speaker, Awards Dinner Banquet on Saturday, Two Cocktail Networking Parties, and Coffee & Tea during the day.
- Three day Companion Passes are available for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with the purchase of 3 day Complete Registration packet. Three lunches, Two dinners (including Awards Banquet), two cocktail party mixers, coffee and tea, and sessions. $325.00 ($275 Early Bird).
OTHER REGISTRATION PASSES
Saturday and Sunday Complete Pass with Saturday Evening Awards Banquet:
$465 per person includes: Saturday & Sunday Sessions, Sat. Lunch and Cocktail Party, Awards Banquet and opportunity to have books for sale in the staffed Book Room that will be open to the general public for three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).
- Two-day Complete Companion Passes are available for Saturday, and Sunday with the purchase of 2-Day Complete Registration packet. Two lunches, Awards Banquet Dinner and cocktail party mixers, coffee and tea, and sessions. $365.00.
Awards Banquet Pass Only – $145.00 includes cocktail party and Saturday Night Awards Banquet. It does not include 3-Day Staffed Book Room or Sessions. After registration, additional Awards Dinner Guest Ticket will be available at $85 per guest.* Conference attendees receive receive priority over Awards Banquet Pass and Guest Tickets if seating availability becomes an issue.
BASIC Day Passes are available for Saturday and Sunday Only, April 30 & May 1, 2016:
$195 per person per day includes Lunch, coffee and tea service, and the opportunity to have books for sale in the staffed Book Room that will be open to the general public for three days (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday). Evening meals and cocktail networking parties are not included with the BASIC Day Pass.
Master Classes, Thursday, April 28, 2016:
Registrations are limited. Master Classes Day Pass is $150.
Robert Dugoni – Advanced Fiction Writing, Taking Your Writing to the Next Level 1 p.m until 5 p.m.
Pamela Beason – Creating and Sustaining a Series 9:30 a.m. until noon
$150 per person includes Master Class Sessions that will be held at the Bellingham Yacht Club. Coffee & Tea Service with Snacks, and Sailor Burgers included. Happy Hour (cash bar) to follow at the BYC Bar at 5:30.
Awards Banquet Guest Tickets
- Conference Attendees may purchase a companion cocktail mixer & Awards Banquet dinner ticket for $85. *A code will be sent to the conference attendee after registration that will allow for a discount on the purchase of the $145 Awards Banquet Dinner tickets.
Reservations REQUIRED. Seating is limited.
- Register Now! Space is limited.
- Lodging is not included with registration.
- Six month Payment Plan with no interest is available through PayPal for registration!
Refunds are available until January 20th, 2016 with a $25 deduction for administrative costs. Please email: admin@ChantiReviews.com to request a refund of conference fees.
Meet other members of the Chanticleer Community of Authors and Readers at this fun and informative event featuring:
- CBR Awards Banquet–You don’t have to be a CBR winner to attend this exciting event!
- We will have a Book Room for attending authors that will be open to the public
- Conference with workshops/social media sessions/marketing lessons
- Networking Opportunities
- Prizes and Drawings
- Single Day Passes and Multi-Day Passes are available
- Companion passes for dinners and cocktail parties are available
The Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Conference will feature:
- Three full days of classes, sessions, author events, and a book fair
- Coffee, tea, & snacks daily
- Luncheons, Cocktail Parties, Dinner and the Awards Gala & Banquet
- The 2016 Chanticleer Banquet honoring the 2015 CBR award winning authors & titles
- Keynote Speakers
- Exhibitors: Publishers, Author Services, Platform Services, Author/Reader Apps, etc.
- Book Room will be open throughout the conference for attendees
- Author Signings & Panels OPEN to the PUBLIC on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
- Door Prizes & Drawings