The Somerset Awards Writing Competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genres of Literary and Contemporary Novels. The Somerset Awards is a division of Chanticleer International Novel Writing Competitions.
More than $30,000.00 dollars worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to Chanticleer Book Reviews 2015 writing competition winners at the Chanticleer Authors Conference April 30, 2016!
The Somerset Awards FIRST IN CATEGORY sub-genres are:
- Women’s Fiction
- Magic Realism
The following titles will compete for the FIRST IN CATEGORY Positions and Awards Packages.
This is the OFFICIAL FINALIST POSTING of Authors and Titles that have made it to the Short-list of the Somerset 2015 Novel Writing Contest.
- Gail Cleare – Secrets We Keep
- ~CRK – Beyond the Further Sea
- Victoria Hughes – The Cloister Door
- Stanley Levers – Kuiperbelt Scrapyard
- Tom And Nancy Wise – Life On Base: Quantico Cave
- J.P. Kenna – Toward a Terrible Freedom
- Geoff Sokol – Will the Axe Hurt
- Patricia A. Williams – The Two Weddings of Zhao Ping
- Laurence Klinger – Billy
- Mary Avery Kabrich – Once Upon a Time a Sparrow
- Karen Fitzpatrick – After the Rain
- Kayce Stevens Hughlett – Blue: a novel
- Patrick M. Garry – Blind Spots
- Tom Glenn – The Trion Syndrome
- Rick Lenz – The Alexandrite
- Cat Lynn Boyle – Shadow Dance
- Kenneth Stokes – Return to Villa Serena
- R Schick – Little Light
- Gail Cleare – Secrets We Keep
- C.G. Fewston – A Time to Love in Tehran
- Jen Michalski – The Tide King
- James Gregory Kingston – The City Island Messenger
- Rian Everest – Tangerine Tigress
- Andreas Morgner – Kinyamaswa
- Beth Burgmeyer – The Gathering
- Judith Kirscht – Hawkins Lane
- Gary Grossman – Old Earth
- Caitlin Hicks – A Theory of Expanded Love
- N J Cooper – Beat The Rain
- Stephen Glines for Poplar Hill or Kitty Stevenson’s Two Wakes
- James Zerndt – Brailling For Wile
- Miriam Polli – In A Vertigo of Silence
- Steve Bruno – Blinded by the Light
- Jacinda DeRoy – Finding Hopewood Lane
The Somerset Finalists will compete for the Somerset Awards First In Category Positions, which consists of Four Judging Rounds. First Place Category Award winners will automatically be entered into the Somerset GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition, which has a cash prize of $200 or $500 dollars in editorial services. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
- All First In Category Award Winners will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
- First In Category winners will compete for the Somerset Awards Grand Prize Award for the $200 purse and the Somerset Grand Prize Ribbon and badges.
- TEN genre Grand Prize winning titles will compete for the $1,000 purse for CBR Best Book and Overall Grand Prize.
- A coveted Chanticleer Book Review of the winning title valued at $345 dollars U.S. CBR reviews will be published in the Chanticleer Reviews magazine in chronological order as to posting.
- A CBR Blue Ribbon to use in promotion at book signings and book festivals
- Digital award stickers for on-line promotion
- Adhesive book stickers
- Shelf-talkers and other promotional items
- Promotion in print and on-line media
- Review of book distributed to on-line sites and printed media publications
- Review, cover art, and author synopsis listed in CBR’s newsletter
- Default First in Category winners will not be declared. Contests are based on merit and writing craft in all of the Chanticleer Writing Competitions.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.
Congratulations to the Finalists in this fiercely competitive contest!
Good Luck to all of the Somerset Finalists as they compete for the coveted First Place Category positions.
First In Category announcements will be made in our social media postings as the results come in.
The Somerset Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category winners will be announced and recognized at the April 30th, 2016 Chanticleer Writing Contests Annual Awards Gala, which takes place on the last evening of the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2016 CLUE Awards writing competitions for Western Fiction. Please click here for more information or to enter the contests.