The JOURNEY Awards writing competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Narrative Non-fiction. The Journey Awards is a division of the Chanticleer Book Awards & International Writing Competitions.
We are pleased to announce the JOURNEY Awards Official Finalists List for 2016, otherwise known as the “Short List” from all the 2016 entries received. The Official Finalists Listing is comprised of works that have passed the first three rounds of judging from the entire field of entrants. To pass the first three rounds of judging, more than sixty pages of the works below have been read and been deemed worthy by the CBR judges of continuing in competition for the JOURNEY Awards FIRST IN CATEGORY positions and their prize packages.
NOTE: This list is now Complete. Congrats and good luck everyone.
Congratulations to the JOURNEY AWARDS 2016 FINALISTS and Good Luck to them as they compete for the First Place Category Positions:
- Roni McFadden – The Longest Trail
- Richard Southall – Haunted Plantations of the South
- Cyndy Sheldon – Gestalt as a Way of Life
- Sean-Michael Green – The Things I Learned in College
- Monica Sucha Vickers – My Extraordinary Life
- Robin Suerig Holleran, Lindy Philip – Bracing for Impact: True Tales of Air Disasters and the People Who Survived Them
- Michael Anthony Turpin – 53 Is The New 38
- Phillip Buchanon – New Money: Staying Rich
- Sean Dwyer – The Year without Tears
- Nick K. Adams – My Dear Wife and Children: Civil War Letters from a 2nd Minnesota Volunteer
- Abbe Rolnick – Cocoon of Cancer: An Invitation to Love Deeply
- Christopher Oelerich – Merry Christmas and a Happy PTSD
- Hazel J. Magnussen – The Moral Work of Nursing: Asking and Living with the Questions
- Destiny Allison – The Romance Diet: Body Image and the Wars We Wage on Ourselves
- Judy Lytle – A Mile in Her Shoes
- Gwen Miller – Echoes of Silence: Letters to a Drug Addicted Mother from the Woman Who Took Her Place
- Peter Gibb – Walking Straight, Down A Crooked Path
Good luck to all the Journey Awards Finalists who made the Short List as they compete for the First In Category Positions!
More than $30,000 dollars in cash and prizes are awarded to Chanticleer International Blue Ribbon Awards Winners annually.
The Journey First Place Category book award winners will compete for the Journey Grand Prize Award for the 2016 Best Narrative Non-fiction work. Grand Prize winners, blue ribbons, and prizes will be announced and awarded on April 1, 2017 at the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala, Bellingham, Wash.
The First In Category award winners will receive an book award package including a complimentary book review, digital book award badges, shelf talkers, book stickers, and more.
We are now accepting entries into the 2017 JOURNEY Awards. The deadline is January 31st, 2017. Click here for more information or to enter.
More than $30,000 worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to the 2016 Chanticleer Novel Writing Competition winners! Check out out fifteen genres to enter your works into to compete on an international level and distinguish your books from the two million new titles hitting the market this year.
Who will take home the $1,000 purse this coming April at the Chanticleer Awards Gala and Banquet?