The LARAMIE Awards Writing Competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genres of Western Fiction, Prairie & Pioneer Fiction, and Civil War Fiction. The Laramie Awards is a division of Chanticleer International Novel Writing Competitions.
More than $30,000.00 dollars worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to Chanticleer Book Reviews 2016 writing competition winners at the Chanticleer Authors Conference April 1, 2017!
The Laramie Awards FIRST IN CATEGORY sub-genres are:
- Western Romance
- Civil War/Prairie/Pioneer
- Contemporary Western
- Western Young Adult
This is the OFFICIAL LIST of Semi-Finalists Authors and their Titles of Works that have made it to the SHORT LIST for Laramie 2016 Novel Writing Contest.
The following titles will compete for the 2016 Laramie First Place Category Positions:
- T.M. Hinton – The Judas Steer
- Dorothy Wiley – Frontier Gift of Love
- Jacquie Rogers – Hot Work in Fry Pan Gulch (Honey Beaulieu – Man Hunter #1)
- Sara Dahmen – Becoming Doctor Kinney
- Barbara Salvatore – Big Horse Woman
- Scott Eldon Swapp – Clevenger Gold: The True Story of Murder and Unfound Treasure
- Harlan Hague – A Place for Mei Lin
- Ken Farmer & Buck Stienke – Bass and the Lady
- Ashley E Sweeney – Eliza Waite
- Jared McVay – Stranger On A Black Stallion
- Jeffrey Price – Improbable Fortunes
- Lynda J Cox – Seize the Flame
- Ronald E. Yates – Finding Billy Battles
- Miantae Metcalf McConnell – Deliverance, Mary Fields, First African American Woman Star Route Mail Carrier in the United State
- Julia Robb – The Captive Boy
- Juliette Douglas – Perfume, Powder, and Lead: Holy Sisters
- Bert Entwistle – The Taylor Legacy
- David G. Rasmussen – The Man Who Moiled for Gold
The Laramie Semi-Finalists will compete for the First In Category Positions. First Place Category Book Award winners will automatically be entered into the Laramie GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition, which has a cash prize of $200 dollars. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
- All Short Listers will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.
Congratulations to the Finalists in this fiercely competitive contest!
Good Luck to all of the Laramie Semi-Finalists as they compete for the coveted First Place Category positions.
The Laramie Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category winners will be announced and recognized at the April 1, 2017 Chanticleer Writing Contests Annual Awards Gala, which takes place on the last evening of the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2017 Laramie Awards writing competitions for Western Fiction. Please click here for more information or to enter the contests.