These titles are in the running for the 5 First Place Book Awards for the 2016 CLUE Book Awards novel competition!
The CLUE Book Awards Writing Competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Suspense, Thrillers, and Mysteries. The CLUE Awards is a division of Chanticleer International Book Awards and Novel Writing Competitions.
Congratulations to these authors for their works moving up from the 2016 CLUE Finalists to the Short List (Semi-Finalists). These novels will now compete for the First Place Category Positions!
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to FINALISTS LIST and now has moved forward to the SHORT LIST of the 2016 CLUE Book Awards. They are now 2016 CLUE Semi-Finalists as they compete for the limited First in Category Positions of the 2016 CLUE Book Awards in the last rounds of judging.
More than $30,000.00 dollars worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to Chanticleer Book Reviews 2016 writing competition winners!
The CLUE Book Awards FIRST IN CATEGORY sub-genres are: Detective/Crime, Suspense/Thriller, Private Eye/Noir, Legal/Medical/Police Procedural, and
The following titles will compete for the FIRST IN CATEGORY Positions and Book Awards Packages. Each of the titles below have earned the CLUE AWARDS SHORT LIST Semi-Finalists bragging rights!
NOTE: This is the Official CLUE 2016 SHORT LIST (Semi-Finalists):
- Lonna Enox – Striking Blind
- Ken Baysinger – El Camino
- A.B. Michaels – Sinner’s Grove
- A.B. Michaels – The Lair
- James Marshall Smith – Silent Source
- E.V. Stephens – Accountable
- Don Daglow – The Fog Seller
- Timothy Burgess – The Never-Ending Swell
- Gregg Dunnett – The Wave at Hanging Rock
- Wolfe – Dollar Signs: Texas Lady Lawyer vs Boots King
- Verigin – Seed of Control
- Matt Kilby – The Road Cain Walks
- Janet K. Shawgo – Archidamus
- Ben A. Sharpton – 2nd Sight
- Dana Ridenour – Behind The Mask
- Jack and Sue Drafahl – D.N.A.
- Jim Weber – Jehovah: A Novel
- Elaine Williams Crockett – Do Not Assume
- Susan Strecker – Nowhere Girl
- Christopher Leibig – Almost Mortal
- Michael Byars Lewis – Veil of Deception
- Kaylin McFarren – Banished Threads
- Zach Fortier – Baroota: The Hunting Ground
- Toby Neal – Wired In
- Timothy Vincent – Prince of the Blue Castles
- Lee Strauss – Gingerbread Man (A Marlow & Sage Mystery)
- LS Cahn – The Trust Game
- Keith Tittle – A Matter of Justice
- Bjarne Rostaing – Epstein’s Pancake
- Clint Hollingsworth – The Sage Wind Blows Cold
- Phillip Buchanon – Sexual Departure
- DM Wolfenden – Carly
- Keith Dixon – The Innocent Dead
The CLUE Semi-Finalists will compete for the CLUE First In Category Positions, which consists of Seven Judging Rounds. First Place Category Award winners will automatically be entered into the CLUE GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition, which has a cash prize purse of $200. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
All Short Listers in attendance to CAC17 will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
Good Luck to all of the CLUE Semi-Finalists as they compete for the coveted First Place Category positions.
The CLUE Grand Prize Winner and First Place Category Winners will be announced at the April 1st, 2017 Chanticleer Writing Contests Annual Awards Gala, which takes place on the last evening of the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2017 CLUE Awards Book Awards writing competition. Please click here for more information.