The Cygnus Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Science Fiction, Steampunk, Alternative History, and Speculative Fiction. The Cygnus Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards and Novel Competitions.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from Long Listers (Slush Pile Survivors) to the 2017 Cygnus Book Awards SHORT LIST. These entries are now in competition for the limited 2017 Cygnus First Place Category Positions and will be announced at the Awards Gala on Saturday, April 21st, 2018.
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best books featuring space, time travel, life on other planets, parallel universes, alternate reality, and all the science, technology, major social or environmental changes of the future that author imaginations can dream up. Hard Science Fiction, Soft Science Fiction, Apocalyptic Fiction, Cyberpunk, Time Travel, Genetic Modification, Aliens, Super Humans, Interplanetary Travel, and Settlers on the Galactic Frontier, Dystopian, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them.
These titles are in the running for the First Place Category Positions Book Awards for the 2017 CYGNUS Book Awards novel competition for Science Fiction!
Congratulations to these authors for their works moving up from the 2017 CYGNUS Finalists to the Short List (Semi-Finalists). These novels will now compete for the First Place Category Positions!
- Jim Cronin – Hegira
- Elizabeth Crowens – A Pocketful of Lodestones
- Michelle Bryan – Strain of Resistance
- Sara Stamey – Wild Card Run
- MWAnderson – Breaching The Parallel
- John Yarrow – The Future’s Dark Past
- Pamela LePage – Virtuous Souls
- Darrell Lee – The Gravitational Leap
- David Neuner – Fear Factory
- Chris Rasmussen – The Cat & The Fiddle
- Rhett Bruno – From Ice to Ashes
- Elizabeth Crowens – Silent Meridian
- Magnus Victor – Oort Rising
- Brian Cohn – The Last Detective
- Julian North – Age of Order
- Wende Dikec – Starr Valentine
- Jerry Amernic – The Last Witness
- Candace Sams – Galaxy Man
- Cathy Parker – The Power of Three: The Novel of a Whale, a Woman, and an Alien Child
- Matthew Buscemi – Schrodinger’s City
- Darren D. Beyer – Casimir Bridge
- KB Shaw – Neworld Papers: The Warrior’s Tale
- Andrew Craven – Moshiah
- Alexander Weinstein – Children of the New World
- Michael Simon – First Command
- Michele Fogal – Root of the Spark
- Sydney M. Cooper – Forsaken Lands Book II: Sacrifice
- Dayna Ingram – All Good Children
The CYGNUS Short Listers will compete for the CYGNUS First-In-Category Positions. First Place Category Award winners will automatically be entered into the CYGNUS GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
All Short Listers will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.
Congratulations to the Short Listers in this fiercely competitive contest!
Good Luck to each of you as your works compete for the CYGNUS Awards First Class Category Positions.
The CYGNUS Grand Prize Winner and the Five First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 21st, 2018 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2018 CYGNUS Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is January 31st, 2018. Please click here for more information.