The Journey Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Narrative Non-Fiction and Memoir. The Journey Book Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards and Novel Competitions (CIBAwards).
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 Journey Book Awards LONG LIST (aka the Slush Pile Survivors). We incorporate the Long List when the judges request an additional round of judging to accommodate the number and/or quality of entries received. These entries are now in competition for the 2018 Journey Semi-Finalists List known as the SHORT LIST. Short Listers will compete for the limited First Place Category Winners of the 2018 Journey Book Awards in the last rounds of judging and will be announced at the Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019.
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best books featuring true stories about adventures, life events, unique experiences, travel, personal journeys, global enlightenment, and more. We will put books about true and inspiring stories to the test and choose the best among them.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2018 JOURNEY Book Awards novel competition for Non-fiction Fiction and Memoir!
- Joy Ross Davis – Mother Can You Hear Me?
- Cheryl Aguiar – Great Horned Owlets Rescue: Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way…
- Sean Dwyer – A Quest for Tears: Overcoming a Traumatic Brain Injury
- Philip Muls – Mind on Fire: A Case of Successful Addiction Recovery
- H. Alan Day with Lynn Wiese Sneyd – Cowboy Up! Life Lessons from Lazy B
- Andrew Jurkowski and Lisa Wright – Between The Swastika and the Bear: A Polish Memoir 1925 – 1948
- Reanne Hemingway-Douglass – Baidarka Diaries: Voyages and Explorations: British Columbia and Alaska, 1992 – 2003
- Donna LeClair – Waking Reality – Overcoming the Heartache of Abuse
- Janice S. Ellis – From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
- Julie Morrison – Barbed
- Kayce Stevens Hughlett – SoulStroller: experiencing the weight, whispers, & wings of the world
- Liberty Elias Miller – The Heart of the Runaway
- Jody Rae – Criminy Sakes Alive: And Other Generational Curses
- Karen A. Anderson – The Amazing Afterlife of Animals; Messages and Signs From Our Pets on the Other Side
- Kevin Howard – The Evolution of a Man
- Abby Wilton – Machiavellian Bluff
- Jeff O’Driscoll, MD – Not Yet
- Dr. Rick Scarnati – Soul Explosion 2nd Edition
- R. Scott Decker – Recounting the Anthrax Attacks: Terror, the Amerithrax Task Force, and the Evolution of Forensics in the FBI
- Ellen Krohne – We Lost Her
- GySgt L Christian Bussler – No Tougher Duty, No Greater Honor – a memoir of a Mortuary Affairs Marine
- Terry Milos – North of Familiar: A Woman’s Story of Homesteading and Adventure in the Canadian Wilderness
- Nick Delmedico – Biography
- Carolyn Porter – Marcel’s Letters: A Font and the Search for One Man’s Fate
- Dennis M. Clausen – Goodbye to Main Street
- Russell Vann – Ghetto Bastard, A Memoir
- Diane Pomerantz – Lost in the Reflecting Pool: a memoir
- Rebecca Brockway – Miss Matched at Midlife: Dating Episodes of a Middle-Aged Woman
- Austin M Hopkins – The Loose Ends Became Knots
- Janis Couvreux – Sail Cowabunga! A Family’s Ten Years at Sea
- Katrina Shawver – HENRY: A Polish Swimmer’s True Story of Friendship from Auschwitz to America
- Carol Folbre, Ph.D. – Edge of Abundance: Asian Sketchbook
- Donna LeClair – IMMUNITY: Entitlement of Wealthy Political Notables
- Lou McKee – Klee Wyck Journal
- Cheryl Hughes Musick – The Day the Musick Died
The JOURNEY Long Listers will compete for the 2018 JOURNEY Short List. Short Listers will then compete for the First Place Category positions. The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the JOURNEY GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
All Short Listers will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.
Good Luck to each of you as your works compete for the JOURNEY Awards Short List.
The JOURNEY Grand Prize Winner and the Five First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2019 JOURNEY Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.