The M&M Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Cozy, Classic, & Not-So-Cozy Mystery Novels. The M&M Book Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards (CIBA) and Novel Competitions.
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best books featuring “mystery and mayhem”, amateur sleuthing, light suspense, travel mystery, classic mystery, British cozy, hobby sleuths, senior sleuths, or historical mystery, perhaps with a touch of romance or humor, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them. (For suspense, thriller, detective, crime fiction see our Clue Book Awards).
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 M&M Book Awards LONG LIST (aka the Slush Pile Survivors). We incorporate the Long List when the judges request an additional round of judging to accommodate the number and/or quality of entries received. These entries are now in competition for the 2018 M&M SHORT LIST. Short Listers will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions. Semi-Finalists will compete for the coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2018 M&M Book Awards in the final rounds of judging. The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the M&M GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2018 M&M Book Awards novel competition for Cozy, Classic, and Not-So-Cozy Mystery Novels!
- Kate Vale – Only You
- Mary Adler – Shadowed by Death: An Oliver Wright WW2 Mystery Novel
- B.L. Smith – Bert Mintenko and the Minor Misdemeanors
- Charlotte Stuart – Why Me?
- Nick Korolev – Flashback
- Becky Clark – Fiction Can Be Murder
- Alan Chaput – Savannah Sleuth
- Elizabeth Crowens – Dear Mr. Hitchcock
- Christine Evelyn Volker – Venetian Blood: Murder in a Sensuous City
- C. C. Harrison – Death by G-String, a Coyote Canyon Ladies Ukulele Club Mystery
- Susan Lynn Solomon – Dead Again
- Mark W Stoub – The Fifth Trumpet: Fire in the Blood
- Traci Andrighetti – Campari Crimson
- Dawn Meredith – Letters From the Dead
- Chief John J. Mandeville – Old Dark and Dangerous
- Bonnie C. Monte – The Sleeping Lady
- C.A. Larmer – Do Not Go Gentle
- Anna Castle – Moriarty Brings Down the House
- C.A. Larmer – Evil Under The Stars: The Agatha Christie Book Club 3
- James Musgrave – Chinawoman’s Chance
- James Scott Byrnside – Prisoners of the Past
- Nancy J. Cohen – Hair Brained
- Stone Winkler – Blood on a Blue Moon: A Sheaffer Blue Mystery
- Roger Newman – What Becomes
- Julie Chase – Cat Got Your Secrets
- Lori Robbins – Lesson Plan for Murder
- Lo Monaco – Lethal Relations
- Linda Hughes – Secrets of the Asylum
- Donna Huston Murray – For Better or Worse
- Anna Castle – Moriarty Takes His Medicine
- Carl and Jane Bock – Death Rattle
- Deborah Rich – Under the Radar
- Kelly Oliver – FOX: A Jessica James Mystery
- Susan Lynn Solomon – Dead Again
All Short Listers and SemiFinalists will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
Good Luck to each of you as your works compete for the
M&M Awards Short List.
The M&M Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2019 M&M Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.