The Journey Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Narrative Non-Fiction and Memoir. The Journey Book Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards and Novel Competitions (CIBA).
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from the Long List to the 2018 Journey Book Awards SHORT LIST (aka the Slush Pile Survivors). We incorporate the Long List when the judges request an additional round of judging to accommodate the number and/or quality of entries received. These entries are now in competition for the 2018 Journey Semi-Finalists List. First Place Category winners and the Journey Grand Prize winners will be selected from the Semi-Finalists and the winners will be announced at the Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019.
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring true stories about adventures, life events, unique experiences, travel, personal journeys, global enlightenment, and more. We will put books about true and inspiring stories to the test and choose the best among them.
These titles are in the running for the 2018 JOURNEY Book Awards Semi-finalists list for the Narrative Non-fiction Fiction and Memoir CIBA Awards. Good Luck to all of the CIBA Journey Short Listers 2018!
- Joy Ross Davis – Mother Can You Hear Me?
- Sean Dwyer – A Quest for Tears: Overcoming a Traumatic Brain Injury
- Philip Muls – Mind on Fire: A Case of Successful Addiction Recovery
- H. Alan Day with Lynn Wiese Sneyd – Cowboy Up! Life Lessons from Lazy B
- Andrew Jurkowski and Lisa Wright – Between The Swastika and the Bear: A Polish Memoir 1925 – 1948
- Janice S. Ellis – From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
- Kayce Stevens Hughlett – SoulStroller: experiencing the weight, whispers, & wings of the world
- Liberty Elias Miller – The Heart of the Runaway
- Karen A. Anderson – The Amazing Afterlife of Animals; Messages and Signs From Our Pets on the Other Side
- Jeff O’Driscoll, MD – Not Yet
- Julie Morrison – Barbed
- GySgt L Christian Bussler – No Tougher Duty, No Greater Honor – a memoir of a Mortuary Affairs Marine
- Terry Milos – North of Familiar: A Woman’s Story of Homesteading and Adventure in the Canadian Wilderness
- Dennis M. Clausen – Goodbye to Main Street
- Russell Vann – Ghetto Bastard, A Memoir
- Dr. Rick Scarnati – God’s Light
- Rebecca Brockway – Miss Matched at Midlife: Dating Episodes of a Middle-Aged Woman
- Austin M Hopkins – The Loose Ends Became Knots
- Katrina Shawver – HENRY: A Polish Swimmer’s True Story of Friendship from Auschwitz to America
- Lou McKee – Klee wyck Journal
- Donna LeClair – IMMUNITY: Entitlement of Wealthy Political Notables
- Cheryl Hughes Musick – The Day the Musick Died
- Cheryl Aguiar – Great Horned Owlets Rescue: Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way…
Journey Book Awards for Narrative Non-Fiction 2018 Judging Rounds
- Slush Pile (all entries)
- Long List (Slush Pile Survivors)
- Short List (Stickers and Digital Badges available (Website and e-newsletter notifications. Please LIKE and Follow Chanticleer Book Reviews to be tagged in social media).
- Semi-Finalists (notified by email) Selected from Short List.
- First Place Category Positions (announced at the CIBA ceremony in April, 27th 2019. (Selected from Semi-Finalists). Ribbon packages, stickers, digital badges awarded.
- Journey Book Awards Grand Prize winner (selected from First Place Category Positions). Ribbon packages, stickers, digital badges awarded.
CIBA Grand Prize Winner
- CIBA Grand Prize Winner (selected from the 16 CIBA divisions grand prize winners). $1,000 cash prize, CIBA ribbon packages, stickers, digital badges awarded.
All Short Listers will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
Good Luck to each of you as your works compete for the JOURNEY Book Awards Semi-Finalists positions.
The JOURNEY Grand Prize Winner and the Five First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2019 JOURNEY Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.