The Gertrude Warner Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Middle-Grade Readers. The Gertrude Warner Book Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards (#CIBAs) and Novel Competitions.
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best Chapter Books and Middle-Grade Readers featuring stories of all shapes and sizes written to an audience between the ages of about eight to twelve. Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Historical, Adventure we will put them to the test and choose the best Middle-Grade Books among them.
These titles have made it to the SHORT LIST of the 2018 GERTRUDE WARNER Book Awards writing competition for Middle-Young Adult Fiction Novels!
Congratulations to the 2018 GERTRUDE WARNER SHORT LISTERS! You will receive an email shortly with links to digital badges and contest book stickers.
- K.B. Shaw – From the Shadows
- Alexander Edlund – Keelic and the Pathfinders of Midgarth
- Rebekah Stelzer – Susa’s Story
- M. P. Follin – Dakota Joy and the Traveling Stones
- Joanna Cook – The Life of Bonnie Dickens
- Victoria Adler – Emma and Mia
- Cheryl Carpinello – Guinevere: At the Dawn of Legend
- Jules Luther – The Portals of Peril
- James Sulzer – The Card People
- T. L. Frances – The Bird Queen’s Book
- Patricia M Ahern – Pondlife: Blue Moon Eclipse
- Patrick Thornton – Stepping Up
- Elizabeth Doyle Carey – Junior Lifeguards: The Test
- Kay M. Bates – The Adventures of Rug Bug: The Revolution
- Diane Rios – Bridge of the Gods
- P.H.C. Marchesi – Shelby & Shauna Kitt and the Dimensional Holes
- Gloria Two-Feathers – Tallulah’s Flying Adventure
- Aric Cushing – Vampire Boy
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from the LONG LIST to the 2018 Gertrude Warner Book Awards SHORT LIST. These SHORTLISTERS are now in competition for the 2018 Gertrude Warner limited Semi-Finalists Positions. The judges will choose from the Semi-Finalists the coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2018 Gertrude Warner Book Awards in the final rounds of judging. The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the 2018 GERTRUDE WARNER GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the #CIBA awards ceremony on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.
All Short Listers and Semi-Finalists will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
Good Luck to each of you as your works compete for the Gertrude Warner Book Awards Short List.
The Gertrude Warner Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is May 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.