The LARAMIE Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Western Fiction. The Laramie Book Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards and Novel Competitions ( The #CIBAs).
These titles have moved forward in the judging slush rounds to the 2018 Laramie Book Awards SHORT LIST. These entries are now in competition for the limited 2018 Laramie Semi-Finalists from which the First Place Category Positions will be chosen. The Laramie Book Awards Semi-Finalists and First Place Positions along with Laramie Grand Prize Award Winner will be announced at the Awards Gala on Saturday, April 27th, 2019.
We are looking for the best books featuring cowboys & cowgirls, the Wild West, pioneering, Civil War, contemporary American West, and early North American and Central American History.
These titles are in the running for the next round – the SEMI-Finalist positions for the 2018 LARAMIE Book Awards novel competition for pre-1750s Historical Fiction. Good Luck to All!
- Brenda Stanley – The Treasure of Cedar Creek
- Juliette Douglas – Miss Birgit: Mail Order Bride
- J.L Oakley – Mist-chi-mas: A Novel of Captivity
- J.R. Collins – Living Where the Rabbits Dance
- TK Conklin – Promise of Tomorrow
- Preston Shires – Life in a Casket
- John Hansen – Chasing Demons
- Curt Locklear – Splintered
- Richard Alan – A Female Doctor in the Civil War
- Ronald E. Yates – The Lost Years of Billy Battles (Book 3 in the Finding Billy Battles Trilogy)
- Jenna Hestekin – Bicker and the Soolivans
- Pat Wahler – I am Mrs. Jesse James
- Jack E. Sanford – Relentless Pursuit: The Race of a Lifetime
- Ruth Hull Chatlien – Blood Moon: A Captive’s Tale
- Mari Anne Christie – Blind Tribute
- Jayme H. Mansfield – RUSH
Congratulations to these authors for their works moving up to the Short List from the slush pile. These novels will now compete for the (Semi-Finalists) Positions!
The LARAMIE Short Listers will compete for the SemiFinalists positions that will compete for the LARAMIE First-In-Category Positions. First Place Category Award winners will automatically be entered into the LARAMIE GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CIBA Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2019 Laramie Book Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions into the 2019 Laramie Book Awards is July 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.