The CLUE Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Suspense, Thriller, Crime, & Mystery Novels. The CLUE Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The CIBAs).
Information about the #CIBAs Long Lists and Short Lists and Announcement Rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors) to the SHORTLIST. These entries are now in competition for the 2018 CLUE SEMIFINALISTS positions.
The coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2018 CLUE Book Awards will be selected from the Semi-Finalists in the final rounds of judging.
The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony. The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the CLUE GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.
These titles are in the running for the SEMIFINALIST positions of the 2018 CLUE Book Awards novel competition for Suspense, Thriller, Crime, and Mystery Novels.
The Official 2018 CLUE Book Awards SHORTLIST:
- Lauren E. Rico – Reverie (Reverie Trilogy, Book 1)
- Pamela Beason – The Only One Left
- Timothy S. Johnston – The War Beneath
- Saralyn Richard – Murder in the One Percent
- Timothy Burgess – California Son
- Philip Derrick – Facing The Dragon
- Cheryl L. Reed – Poison Girls
- E. V. Stephens – Shortcuts
- Nick Airus – The Manifesto Murders
- Lawrence Verigin – Beyond Control
- John Young – The Nexus
- Melodie Hernandez –Forgotten Rage
- CL Gibson – The Urge
- Kara Lumbley – As the Ribbons Fall
- Chief John J. Mandeville – Pine Village Co-op Murders
- Zach Fortier – Chakana
- Nicholas Kellum – Briar Falls
- Kara Wolfe – Number Four
- Elaine Williams Crockett – Do Not Ask
- Carl and Jane Bock – Swamp Guide
- Karen Dodd – Scare Away the Dark: A Stone Suspense
- Dan M Portillo – The Lone Escapist
- Kelly Oliver – FOX, A Jessica James Mystery
- John Stafford – Prayer of Vengeance
- Susan Wingate – The Death of Vultures
- Ernesto H Lee – Out of Time
- Elizabeth Crowens – Dear Mr. Hitchcock
- Paul McHugh – The Blind Pool
- Marilynn Larew – Hong Kong Central
- Ken Malovos – One Night In Amboise
- Lyle Howard – A Trace of Revenge
All Short Listers and SemiFinalists will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
The CLUE Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2018 CLUE Book Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is September 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.