The PARANORMAL Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Paranormal and Supernatural Fiction. The Paranormal Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring magic, the supernatural , weird otherworldly stories, superhumans (ex. Jessica Jones, Wonder Woman) , magical beings & supernatural entities (ex. Harry Potter), vampires & werewolves (ex. Twilight), angels & demons, fairies & mythological beings, magical systems and elements. We will put them to the test and discover the best among them for the 2019 Paranormal Book Awards!
These titles are in the running for the SEMI-FINALIST positions of the 2018 PARANORMAL Book Awards novel competition for Paranormal and Supernatural Fiction. SHORTLISTERS please click here to access the digital badge and for information about book stickers.
The Official 2018 PARANORMAL Book Awards SHORTLIST List!
- Christine Grabowski – Dickensen Academy
- T. L. Augury – Witches Brew
- Vince Bailey – Path of the Half Moon
- K.A. Banks – Anthesteria
- A. P. Caruso – Open Clarity
- Gina Detwiler – Forsaken
- Lydia Staggs – Zera
- Jeny Heckman – The Sea Archer
- Nick Korolev – The 13th Child
- Franklin Posner – Suburban Vampire Ragnarok
- Linda Watkins – Storm Island: A Kate Pomeroy Mystery
- Elaine Williams Crockett – Do Not Ask
- M. Goldsmith and A. Malin – The House of Fire
- London Clarke – The Meadows
- Joy Ross Davis – Peaches and Lace
- Joy Ross Davis – Countenance
- C.A. Larmer – Do Not Go Alone (A Posthumous Mystery 2)
- Anne Francis Scott – Lost Souls
- Gurpreet Kaur Sidhu – Storm: It’s a curse to remember
- Claudia Herring – Obsessions of a Djinni
- C.A. Larmer – Do Not Go Gentle
- Joy Ross Davis – The Madwoman of Preacher’s Cove
- D.B. Sieders – Raising the Dead
- Olivia Bernard – The Balance and the Blade
- Elizabeth Crowens – Dear Mr. Hitchcock
- Andrea Murray – Something New
Information about the #CIBAs Long Lists and Short Lists and Announcement Rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors) to the Shortlist. We incorporate the Long List when the judges request an additional round of judging to accommodate the number and/or quality of entries received. These entries are now Shortlisted and are in competition for the 2018 PARANORMAL SemiFinalist positions. The Semi-Finalists positions will compete for the coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2018 PARANORMAL Book Awards.
The 2018 First Place Category Winners and Grand Prize winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony that will be held during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and CIBA Ceremony and Banquet.
All Shortlisters and SemiFinalists will be acknowledged at CAC19.
The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the PARANORMAL GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.