The SOMERSET Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Literary, Contemporary, & Satirical Fiction. The Somerset Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring contemporary stories, literary themes, adventure, satire, humor, magic realism or women and family themes. This division of the CIBAs is the SOMERSET Book Awards. We will put them to the test and choose the best among them.
These SHORTLISTED titles are in the running for the SEMI-FINALIST positions of the 2018 SOMERSET Book Awards novel competition for Contemporary, Literary, and Satirical Fiction.
SHORTLISTERS please click here to access the digital badge and for information about book stickers.
Congratulations to the 2018 Somerset Book Awards Shortlistered Titles and their Authors!
- Nanette Littlestone – Bella Toscana
- R. J. Hershberger – Kicked by a Sparrow
- J.P. Kenna – Allurement Westward
- Debu Majumdar – Night Jasmine Tree
- Chief John J. Mandeville – Bar Tales
- V. & D. POVALL – Jackal in the Mirror
- V. & D. POVALL – Secrets of Innocence
- Bob Holt – Cowboy
- Patrick M. Garry – In the Shadow of War
- Chynna Laird – Passing Loop
- Tim Gingras – RVN
- Barbara Stark-Nemon – Hard Cider- a novel
- Joe English – A Place Called Schugara
- Donna LeClair – Inch By Inch
- Patricia Sands – Drawing Lessons
- Edythe Anstey Hanen – Nine Birds Singing
- Michelle Rene – Maud’s Circus
- Ellen Notbohm – The River by Starlight
- June N. Foster – The Girl and the Golden Leaf
- PJ Devlin – Wishes, Sins and the Wissahickon Creek
- Beth Burgmeyer – Silent Echo
- Megan A. Clancy – The Burden of a Daughter
- Helen Bea Kirk – Done Running
- Elizabeth Crowens – Dear Bernie, I’m Glad You’re Dead
- Priscilla Audette – Lost
- Conon Parks – Some Kind of Ending
- Lenore Rowntree – Cluck
- Tikiri – Disowned
- Claire Fullerton – Little Tea
- Yorker Keith – Awakening of the Summer
- Linda Watkins – Summer Girl, A Novel
- John Hansen – Unfortunate Words
- Diane B. Saxton – Peregrine Island
- Susan St. John – Mad Mischief, A Novel
- Petra March – A Different Kind of Lovely: A Novel
- Claire Fullerton – Mourning Dove
- Markus McDowell – To and Fro Upon the Earth: A Novel
- Chad Boles – Blinded Authority
Information about the #CIBAs Long Lists and Short Lists and Announcement Rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors) to the Shortlist. We incorporate the Long List when the judges request an additional round of judging to accommodate the number and/or quality of entries received. These entries are now Shortlisted and are in competition for the 2018 SOMERSET SemiFinalist positions. The Semi-Finalists positions will compete for the coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2018 SOMERSET Book Awards.
The 2018 First Place Category Winners and Grand Prize winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony that will be held during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and CIBA Ceremony and Banquet.
All Shortlisters and SemiFinalists will be acknowledged at CAC19.
The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the SOMERSET GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.