Listen to or download this article:
The M & M Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the Cozy and Not-So-Cozy Mystery & Mayhem fiction genre. The M & M Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The CIBAs).
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best books featuring “mystery and mayhem”, amateur sleuthing, light suspense, travel mystery, classic mystery, British cozy, hobby sleuths, senior sleuths, or historical mystery, perhaps with a touch of romance or humor, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them. (For suspense, thriller, detective, crime fiction see our Clue Awards)
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 M&M Book Awards LONG LIST. These entries are now in competition for 2019 M&M Shortlist. The Short Listers will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions. Semi-Finalists will be announced and recognized at the CAC20 banquet and ceremony. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 16 CIBA divisions Semi-Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2019 M&M Book Awards novel competition for Mystery & Mayhem Novels!
Good luck to all as your works move on the next rounds of judging.
- Lesley A. Diehl – Scream Muddy Murder
- Susan Z. Ritz – A Dream to Die For
- B. K. Stubblefield – Beneath The Surface
- Michelle Cox – A Veil Removed
- Chief John J. Mandeville – Sherlockito vs. The Trio From Hell
- Chief John J. Mandeville – Sherlockito and the LIE Mystery
- Alan Chaput – Savannah Secrets
- Lucy Carol – Hit That, Madison Cruz – Mystery 4
- Mary Hatakka/Mary Ragwag – Tips for Teachers
- B. L. Smith – Bert Mintenko and the Serious Business
- Mollie Hunt – Cat Cafe
- MJ O’Neill – The Corpse Wore Stilettos
- JL Oakley – Hilo Bay Mystery Collection
- Kate Vale – Fateful Days
- Cindy Sample – Dying for a Diamond
- Henry G. Brinton – City of Peace
- Kaylin McFarren – High Flying
- Virginia V. Kidd – Artifacts of Murder
- Janet K. Shawgo – Legacy of Lies
- Kari Bovee – Peccadillo at the Palace
- Kari Bovee – Girl with a Gun – An Annie Oakley Mystery
- M. J. Simms-Maddox – Mystery in Harare
- Carolyn Haley – Killer Heart
- Wally Duff – bada-BOOM!
- Sallie Barr Palmer – A Dinner to Die For
- Arlene McFarlane – Murder, Curlers & Cruises
- Kirk Millson – Serpents of Old
- Mary Seifert – Titanic Cocktail
- JG Murphy – Flipping Rich Bastard
- M. K. Graff – Death at the Dakota: A Trudy Genova Manhattan Mystery
- Sofie Couch – Flippin’ the Bird
- Lo Monaco – Poison butterfly
- Toni Kief – Mildred In Disguise With Diamonds
- Vee Kumari – DHARMA, A Rekha Rao Mystery
- Lori Roberts Herbst – An Instant Out of Time
- Alexandrea Weis with Lucas Astor – BLACKWELL
- Stephen Kaminski – An Au Pair to Remember
- Mollie Hunt – Cat Call
- Mary Ann Cherry – Death at Crooked Creek
- D. J. Adamson – Let Her Go
- Jean Rover – Ready or Not
- Robert Chudnow – Brews and Stilettos
- Linda Hughes – Secrets of the Island
- Jane Willan – The Hour of Death
- Holly Spofford – A Letter for Hoot
- Dr. Sandra Tanner – Sacks of Murder
- Gerard Shirar – When the Rules Don’t Apply
- Susan Lynn Solomon – Writing is Murder
Which of these works will move forward in the judging rounds for the 2019 M&M Book Awards for Mystery & Mayhem?
Which author will take home the 2019 M&M Grand Prize Ribbon?
Which one will have the chance at the $1,000 Chanticleer Overall Grand Prize?
All Semi-Finalists will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
The 16 divisions of the 2019 CIBAs’ Grand Prize Winners and the Five First Place Category Position award winners along with recognizing the Semi-Finalists will be announced at the April 18th, 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 M&M Awards Book Awards. The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2020. The winners will be announced in April 2021.
Don’t Delay! Enter Today!
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.