Listen to or download this article:
The GERTRUDE WARNER Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of middle-grade readers, fiction and non-fiction, that compel children to read and explore. The Gertrude Warner Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (CIBAs).
Named in honor of the author of the quintessential children’s series – The Boxcar Children, Gertrude Warner.
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring stories of all shapes and sizes written to an audience between the ages of about eight to twelve. Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Historical, Adventure we will put them to the test and choose the best Middle-Grade Books among them.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards LONG LIST. These entries are now in competition for 2019 Gertrude Warner Shortlist. The Short Listers will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions. The Semi-Finalists will be announced and recognized at the CAC20 banquet and ceremony. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 16 CIBA divisions Semi-Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards for Middle-Grade Readers. Good luck to all as your works move on to the next rounds of judging.
- Carolyn Watkins – The Knock…a collection of childhood memories
- Joyce Major – The Orangutan Rescue Gang
- Nancy McDonald – Boy from Berlin
- Veronica Myers – Flight of Maldar
- Jason Otis – Monkey and Moose & the Pirates of Pine Point
- B.L. Smith – Bert Mintenko and the Serious Business
- B.L. Smith – Bert Mintenko and the Minor Misdemeanors
- Emily Mack – S.T.E.M. MYSTERIES #1 – Fibonacci’s Funhouse
- E. Merwin – Wings, A Brother’s Tale
- Jason Colpitts – Corrine and the Underground Province
- Mobi Warren – The Bee Maker
- Amber L. Wyss – Phoenix Rising
- Wendy Leighton-Porter – The Shadow of the Tudor Rose
- Sue Bough – Norman Snodgrass Saves the Green Planet
- Kit Bakke – Dancing on the Edge
- M.J. Evans – PINTO!
- M.J. Evans – The Stone of Wisdom – Book 4 of the Centaur Chronicles
- Beth Stickley – Tarnation’s Gate
- Lis Anna-Langston – Maya Loop
- T.X. Troan – Sophia Freeman and the Mysterious Fountain
- Lexi Rees – Eternal Seas
- Rachel VanZandt – P.J. O’Breslin’s Pirate Journey
- Catherine Mallette – Don’t Ask Me
- Wendy Leighton-Porter – The Shadow of the Volcano
- O’Dempsey Rynehart – The Seeds of Stone (A Sliver of Dark and Bright Series #1)
- Diane Rios – Return of the Evening Star
- C.R. Stewart – Britfield and the Lost Crown
- Kay M. Bates’ – ‘B’ is for Baylee
- Alexander Usher – Katie Hope: Blood Bonds
- Susan Brown – Sammy and the Devil Dog
- Wendy Leighton-Porter – The Shadow of the Pyramid
- R. B. Maxwell – The Invisible Agent
- Rey Clark – Legends of the Vale
- Francis B. Glad – Ernie Germy Jenkins
- L.S. Barron – Harper T and the Timewave
- Maria Ashworth – SUSHI KITTY
- Gregory Saur – Diving Catch
- Liana Gardner – 7th Grade Revolution
- Liana Gardner – The Journal of Angela Ashby
- Jeff Orlowski – Avery Green And The Nightmare Busters
- L.M. Kemp – Skye’s Journey
- Trayner Bane – Windhollow and the Axe Breaker (Windhollows, Book 3)
- Leanne M. Pankuch – Dragon’s Truth
- Alex Paul – The Valley of Death, Book 5, Arken Freeth and the Adventure of the Neanderthals
Which of these works will move forward in the judging rounds for the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards for Middle-Grade Readers?
The 16 divisions of the 2019 CIBAs’ Grand Prize Winners and the Five First Place Category Position award winners along with recognizing the Semi-Finalists will be announced at the April 18th, 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 Gertrude Warner Awards Book Awards. The deadline for submissions is May 30th, 2020. The winners will be announced in April 2021.
Don’t Delay! Enter Today!
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.