Listen to or download this article:
The CLUE Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Suspense and Thriller Fiction. The Clue Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards is seeking the best books featuring suspense, thrilling adventure, detective work, private eye, police procedural, and crime-solving, we will put them to the test to discover the best! (For lighter-hearted Mystery and Classic Cozy Mysteries please check out our Mystery & Mayhem Awards).
These works have survived the infamous slush pile and have advanced to the 2019 CLUE Book Awards Long List. They will compete in the next rounds of judging for the CLUE 2019 Short List.
Good luck to all!
- J.J. Clarke – Dared to Return
- Richard Conrath – Blood Moon Rising
- RIP Converse – Maelstrom Part One
- Harold Benjamin – Phase III
- L. J. Martin – The Blue Pearl
- Nancy Adair – RABYA
- J.P. Kenna – Joel Emmanuel
- J.P. Kenna – Toward a Terrible Freedom
- Timothy S. Johnston – The Savage Deeps
- Tracey Pepper – Dead On Arrival
- Lonna Enox – Untold Agony
- Stephen F. Frost – The Alaskan Alibi
- Russell Heath – Rinn’s Crossing
- Bert Entwistle – Murder in the Dell
- John W Feist – Blind Trust
- Liese Sherwood-Fabre – The Adventure of the Murdered Midwife
- Marian Exall – A Splintered Step
- Joanne Jaytanie – Salvaging Truth, Hunters & Seekers, Book 1
- Ronald Lamont – Smoke and Mirrors
- Carl Roberts – The Trial of Connor Padget
- Nick Mancuso – Fever
- Edgar Swamp – Amber Hollow
- Steve Dimeo – The Magic Cape Caper
- Janet K. Shawgo – Legacy of Lies
- Maureen Joyce Connolly – Little Lovely Things
- T.K. Ambers – A Fox in the Fold
- Deborah Serani – The Ninth Session
- Ken Oder – The Judas Murders
- Melodie Hernandez – Forgotten Rage
- Chris Norbury – Straight River
- Jode Millman – The Midnight Call
- Barbara Brett – Secret Agenda
- Barb Warner Deane – And Then There Was You
- Ken Malovos – Sweet Justice
- Mary Adler – Shadowed by Death: An Oliver Wright WWII Mystery
- Matt Witten – The Necklace
- Matt Witten – Free For All
- V. & D. Povall – Jackal in the Mirror
- E. L. Diamond – The Wolf of God
- Carl Vonderau – Murderabilia
- M. J. Simms-Maddox – Mystery in Harare
- Courtney Leigh Pahlke – Life Force Preserve
- Michelle Cox – A Veil Removed
- Kevin G. Chapman – Righteous Assassin: A Mike Stoneman Thriller
- Kaylin McFarren – High Flying
- Wally Duff – bada-BOOM!
- Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor – Death by the River
- Kirk Millson – Serpents of Old
- Thomas Galvin – The Auction
- D. J. Adamson – At the Edge of No Return
Which of these works will advance?
The excitement continues to build for the 2019 CIBAs!
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 CLUE Book Awards LONG LIST. These entries are now in competition for 2019 CLUE Shortlist. The ShortListers’ works will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions. Semi-Finalists will be announced and recognized at the CAC20 banquet and ceremony. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 16 CIBA divisions Semi-Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash.
The 16 divisions of the 2019 CIBAs’ Grand Prize Winners and the Five First Place Category Position award winners along with recognizing the Semi-Finalists will be announced at the April 18th, 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
Register today for the 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference and the 2019 CIBA ceremony and banquet that will be held in Bellingham, Wash. at the luxury waterfront Hotel Bellwether, April 17 – 19, 2020. Seating is limited. Reservations are required.
We are now accepting entries into the 2020 CLUE Book Awards for Suspense/Thriller Novels.