Listen to or download this article:
The Laramie Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the Americana / Western, Pioneer, Civil War, Frontier, and First Nations Novels. The Laramie Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards.
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring cowboys, the wild west, pioneering, civil war, and early North American History, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them to advance in the next judging rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 Laramie Book Awards LONG LIST to the LARAMIE Shortlist and have advanced to the LARAMIE Semi-Finalists positions. Semi-Finalists will be recognized at the 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference and the 2019 CIBA banquet and ceremony. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 16 CIBA divisions Semi-Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash.
Congratulations to the 2019 LARAMIE Book Awards for American West Fiction Semi-Finalists
- Bert Entwistle – Leftover Soldiers – Life on the Western Frontier
- E. Alan Fleischauer – Rescued
- Kit Sergeant – Underground: Traitors and Spies in Lincoln’s War
- J. R. Collins – Spirit of the Rabbit Place
- Gerald L. Guy – Chasing Gold
- John West – Marshallville
- Lynwood Kelly – The Gamble: Lost Treasures
- David Fitz-Gerald – Wanders Far-An Unlikely Hero’s Journey
- Hayley Stone – Make Me No Grave: A Weird West Novel
- John Hansen – The Outfit
- Eileen Charbonneau – Seven Aprils
- Juliette Douglas – Bed of Conspiracy
- Nina Romano – The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley
- Mike H. Mizrahi – The Unnamed Girl (The Woodard Chronicles)
- Suanne Schafer – A Different Kind of Fire
Which of these works will move forward in the judging rounds for the 2019 LARAMIE Book Awards for Western Fiction?
The 16 divisions of the 2019 CIBAs’ Grand Prize Winners and the Five First Place Category Position award winners along with recognizing the Semi-Finalists will be announced at the April 18th, 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 LARAMIE Book Awards for pre-1750s Western Fiction. The deadline for submissions is July 30, 2020. The 2020 winners will be announced in April 2021.
As always, please contact us at Chanticleer@ChantiReviews.com with any questions, concerns, or suggestions!