Listen to or download this article:
The PARANORMAL Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Paranormal and Supernatural Fiction. The Paranormal Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards (the CIBAs) is looking for the best books featuring magic, the supernatural, weird otherworldly stories, superhumans (ex. Jessica Jones, Wonder Woman), magical beings & supernatural entities (ex. Harry Potter), vampires & werewolves (ex. Twilight), angels & demons, fairies & mythological beings, magical systems and elements. They will be put to the test and the best will be declared winners of the prestigious CIBAs.
The following fantasy fiction works have advanced to the SHORTLIST from the Long List of the 2019 Paranormal Book Awards:
- Kaylin McFarren – High Flying
- Porter Huddleston – EL ON EARTH
- Mack Little – Progenie
- Karen Glista – Chasing the Red Queen
- Joy Ross Davis – The Witch of Blacklion
- D. J. Adamson – At The Edge of No Return
- Jodine Turner – The Hidden Abbey
- D. D. Wolf – Orchids Ablaze
- Michael Ray Laemmle – Atomic City Terror: Curse of the Murderous Dummy
- Gina Detwiler – Forgiven
- Diane Moat – Hand of Magic
- Joy Ross Davis – The Singer Sisters
- Linda Watkins – The Tao of the Viper, A Kate Pomeroy Mystery
- Jack Cullen – Runes of Steel
- Palmer Pickering – Moon Deeds
- Karl Larew – Catari
- Susan Lynn Solomon – Abigail’s Window
- Robert Herold – The Eidola Project
- Janet K. Shawgo – Legacy of Lies
- E. V. Svetova – Over The Hills Of Green
- London Clarke – Whickering Place
- Joey Rodriguez – Below
- Jerry Gundersheimer – El Coronel: Book Two of The Medium Series
- Lynne Hill-Clark – Of Gods and Goddesses
- Ryan J. Lyons – Drums and Dragons
- Avanti Centrae – VanOps: The Moses Map
- Lori Roberts – Where the Sweetgrass Grows
- T. L. Augury – Witches Brew
- John Stafford – A Song of Vengeance
Information about the #CIBAs Long Lists and Short Lists and Announcement Rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors). We incorporate the Long List when the judges request an additional round of judging to accommodate the number and/or quality of entries received. These entries have advanced to the SHORTLIST and are now in competition for the 2019 Semi-Finalists positions.
The coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2019 PARANORMAL Book Awards will be selected from the Semi-Finalists in the final rounds of judging. The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony, which is hosted by the Chanticleer Authors Conference.
The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the PARANORMAL GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020, Bellingham, Washington. Hosted by the Chanticleer Authors Conference.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 Paranormal Book Awards.
Don’t delay! Enter Today!