Listen to or download this article:
The OZMA Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Fantasy Fiction. The OZMA Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards discovers the best books featuring magic, the supernatural, imaginary worlds, fantastical creatures, legendary beasts, mythical beings, or inventions of fancy that author imaginations dream up without a basis in science as we know it. Epic Fantasy, High Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery, Dragons, Unicorns, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Gaslight Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, or other out of this world fiction, they will be put to the test and the best selected as winners of the prestigious CIBAs.
The following fantasy fiction works have advanced from the Long List to the Shortlist of the 2019 OZMA Book Awards:
- Timothy Vincent – Tower, Sword, Stone and Spell
- Porter Huddleston – EL on Earth
- Benjamin Keyworth – Superworld
- Scott Benting – Search for the Armor of God
- T. L. Augury – Witches Brew
- Elana A. Mugdan – Dragon Blood
- Alex Tremari – Dragoncast
- Ana Wesley – To Rend and Mend
- Dan Zangari & Robert Zangari – A Prince’s Errand
- Anne M. Curtis – Where Acorns Landed
- Tim Westover – The Winter Sisters: A Novel
- Catherine Grangaard – A Fairy’s Tails
- KC Cowan & Sara Cole – The Hunt for Winter
- Monique Snyman – The Night Weaver
- Elizabeth Isaacs – The Scythian Trials
- M. L. Doyle – The Bonding Blade
- S.J. Hartland – The 19th Bladesman
- Joy Ross Davis – The Singer Sisters
- Daniel Kozuh – Lingeria: Book One of One
- Noah Lemelson – The Sightless City
- Louis K Lowy – The Second Life of Eddie Coyne
- Alexandra Rushe – A Muddle of Magic
- R.A. McCandless – The Clockwork Detective
- Michael G. Munz – Zeus Is Undead: This One Has Zombies
- Suzie Plakson – The Return of King Lillian
- Jessica Mallegol-Hansen – Dusk
- Kyle Olson – Vagabonds
- Alex Paul – The Valley of Death, Arken Freeth and the Adventure of the Neanderthals, Book 5
- Zoe Tasia – Kilts and Catnip
- Mark S. Moore – Rise: Birth of a Revolution
- Michelle Rene – Manufactured Witches
- Susan Faw – Heart of Bastion
- Karen Glista – Chasing the Red Queen
- Matt Mansfield – Shaman: Obsessed with Magic Book 1
Good Luck to all of these works as they compete for the Semi-Finalists positions!
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors) and have now advanced to the SHORTLIST. These entries are now in competition for the 2019 OZMA Semi-Finalists positions.
The coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2019 OZMA Book Awards will be selected from the Semi-Finalists in the final rounds of judging. The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony.
The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the OZMA GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020, Bellingham, Washington. The CIBA Ceremony and Banquet is hosted by the Chanticleer Authors Conference.
We are now accepting entries into the 2020 OZMA Book Awards for Fantasy Fiction, a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards. Please click here for more information and to enter.