Listen to or download this article:
The GERTRUDE WARNER Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of middle-grade readers, fiction and non-fiction, that compel children to read and explore. The Gertrude Warner Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (CIBAs).
Named in honor of the author of the quintessential children’s series – The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Warner.
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring stories of all shapes and sizes written to an audience between the ages of about eight to twelve. Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Historical, Adventure we will put them to the test and choose the best Middle-Grade Books among them.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards LONG LIST to the Shortlist and now have progressed to the 2019 Semi-Finalists positions.
Presenting the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards for Middle-Grade Fiction Semi-Finalists:
- Carolyn Watkins – The Knock…a collection of childhood memories
- Joyce Major – The Orangutan Rescue Gang
- Nancy McDonald – Boy from Berlin
- B.L. Smith – Bert Mintenko and the Serious Business
- Mobi Warren – The Bee Maker
- Amber L. Wyss – Phoenix Rising
- Wendy Leighton-Porter – The Shadow of the Tudor Rose
- Sue Bough – Norman Snodgrass Saves the Green Planet
- Kit Bakke – Dancing on the Edge
- M.J. Evans – PINTO!
- M.J. Evans – The Stone of Wisdom – Book 4 of the Centaur Chronicles
- Beth Stickley – Tarnation’s Gate
- Catherine Mallette – Don’t Ask Me
- Wendy Leighton-Porter – The Shadow of the Volcano
- C.R. Stewart – Britfield and the Lost Crown
- Kay M. Bates’ – ‘B’ is for Baylee
- Susan Brown – Sammy and the Devil Dog
- Wendy Leighton-Porter – The Shadow of the Pyramid
- Rey Clark – Legends of the Vale
- Maria Ashworth – SUSHI KITTY
- Gregory Saur – Diving Catch
- Liana Gardner – 7th Grade Revolution
- Trayner Bane – Windhollow and the Axe Breaker (Windhollows, Book 3)
- Leanne M. Pankuch – Dragon’s Truth
- Alex Paul – The Valley of Death, Book 5, Arken Freeth and the Adventure of the Neanderthals
These titles are in the running for the First Place positions of the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards for Middle-Grade Readers.
Semi-Finalists will be recognized at the 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference and the 2019 CIBA banquet and ceremony. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 16 CIBA divisions Semi-Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash.
Good luck to all as your works move on to the next rounds of judging.
The 16 divisions of the 2019 CIBAs’ Grand Prize Winners and the Five First Place Category Position award winners along with recognizing the Semi-Finalists will be announced at the April 18th, 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 Gertrude Warner Awards Book Awards. The deadline for submissions is May 30th, 2020. The winners will be announced in April 2021.
Don’t Delay! Enter Today!
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.