Listen to or download this article:
The I & I Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in non-fiction for instruction, guidance, self-help, how-to, and insight. The I & I Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring HOW-TO, Guidance, Travel Guides, Cookbooks, Instruction, Insight, Self-Help, and more. This books have been put to the test and the best will advance to be declared winners of the prestigious I & I Book Awards.
Editor’s Note: Some works have been moved to the new non-fiction division titled the Nellie Bly Book Awards. This new division is in response to the request from the Chanticleer International Book Awards judges to acknowledge the many outstanding works that were entered into the Instruction & Insight Book Awards and the Journey Book Awards for Narrative Non-fiction. The Nellie Bly Book Awards recognize outstanding journalistic works and investigative pieces. After reviewing the comments from the judges along with their suggestions, we decided to recognize these works and create a more fitting division in the CIBAs — the Nellie Bly Book Awards. We will also transition a works of the spiritual nature into another new division for the 2020’s titled the Mind & Spirit Book Awards.
The following Instructional and Insightful non- fiction works have advanced to the 2019 I & I Book Awards Semi-Finals:
- Marcus Kirsch – The Wicked Company
- Rob Davis – What Goes Around Comes Around – A Guide To How Life REALLY Works
- Corinne Miller Schaff – Art For All Ages: Reignite Your Artistic Self
- Cindy Klement, MS, CNS, MCHES – Your Body’s Environmental Chemical Burden
- Jennifer R. Karchmer – A Proofreading Companion: Tips, Tools & Strategies for the Professional Proofreader
- Susan Faw – The Clever Artist: An Actionable Guide To Launching Your Artistic Career
- Brad Lancaster – Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 1, 3rd Edition: Guiding Principles to Welcome Rain into Your Life and Landscape
- Donald M. Rattner – My Creative Space: How to Design Your Home to Stimulate Ideas and Spark Innovation, 48 Science-based Techniques
- Donna Cameron – A Year of Living Kindly: Choices That Will Change Your Life and the World Around You
- Carole Bumpus – Searching for Family and Traditions at the French Table, Book One, Savoring the Olde Ways Series
- Isaac Samuel Miller – Just Get Up And Manifest Your Inner Genius
- Margaret A Hellyer – A Home on the South Fork
- Ellen Notbohm – Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew
- Lisa Boucher – Raising The Bottom: Making Mindful Choices in a Drinking Culture
- Tikiri Herath – Your Rebel Dreams: Discover Your Purpose and Passions to Power Up Your Life
- Brad Borkan and David Hirzel – When Your Life Depends on It: Extreme Decision Making Lessons from the Antarctic
- Anthony Delauney – Owning the Dash
- Ryan M. Chukuske – Bigfoot 200: Because, You Know, Why the #@&% Not?
- David A. Bossert – Kem Weber: Mid-Century Furniture Designs for The Disney Studios Design
- Jean-Philippe Soul – DANCING WITH DEATH: An Epic and Inspiring Travel Adventure
- Alannah Foley – Up a Creek Down Under
The judges are going to have some tough choices to make with these powerhouse entries!
Good luck to all as these works compete to for the First Place Category Positions for the I & I Book Awards!
The coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2019 I & I Book Awards will be selected from the Semi-Finalists in the final rounds of judging. The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony, which is hosted by the Chanticleer Authors Conference.
The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the I & I GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 17 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020, Bellingham, Washington. Hosted by the Chanticleer Authors Conference.
We are now accepting entries into the 2020 CIBAs. https://www.chantireviews.com/contests/
Questions? Please email us at Chanticleer@ChantiReviews.com
Don’t delay. Enter today!