Listen to or download this article:
The SOMERSET Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Literary, Contemporary, and Satire Fiction. The Somerset Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring contemporary stories, literary themes, adventure, satire, humor, magic realism or women and family themes. These books have advanced to the next judging rounds. The best will advance. Which titles will be declared as winners of the prestigious Somerset Book Awards?
Editor’s Note: Some works have been moved to the new 2020 Mark Twain Book Awards for Satirical and Allegorical Fiction. This new division is in response to the request from the Chanticleer International Book Awards judges to acknowledge the many outstanding works that were entered into the Somerset Book Awards that should have their own division in which to compete. The Mark Twain Book Awards recognize outstanding Satire, Humor, Political Ideology, Parody, Allegory/Fable works.
So without further ado, please join us in cheering on the following authors whose works have advanced to the premier FINALIST Level of Achievement in the Somerset Book Awards for Literary, Contemporary, and of the I & I Book Awards for Instructional and Insightful Non-Fiction.
Congratulations to the Somerset Book Awards Finalists!
- Beth Burgmeyer – The Broken Road
- Judith Kirscht – End of the Race
- R. Barber Anderson – The Sunken Forest, Where the Forest Came out of the Earth
- Domenick Venezia – Liberator Legacy Book 1
- Donna LeClair – The Proprietor of the Theatre of Life
- Bob Holt – Firebird
- Dd Jaseron – Wheelboys
- Santiago Xaman – After Olympus
- Sara Stamey – Pause
- Patricia Averbach – Resurrecting Rain
- Maggie St. Claire – Martha
- Lisa Reddick – The Same River
- Nick Mancuso – Fever
- Jeanne McWilliams Blasberg – The Nine
- Claire Fullerton – Little Tea
- Linda Bledsoe – Through the Needle’s Eye
- Carl Roberts – The Trial of Connor Padget
- Patrick Finegan – Cooperative Lives
- Mike Murphey – Section Road
- Jamie Zerndt – Jerkwater
- Prue Batten – Passage
- Joanne Jaytanie – Salvaging Truth, Hunters & Seekers, Book 1
Congratulations to all! Good Luck to all as your works compete for the First Place Category positions.
The Virtual CAC 20 and 2019 CIBA Ceremonies will take place Tuesday, September 8th through Sunday, September 13th, 2020.