Listen to or download this article:
The LARAMIE Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the Americana / Western, Pioneer, Civil War, Frontier, and First Nations Novels. The Laramie Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards.
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best books featuring cowboys, & cowgirls the Wild West, pioneering, Civil War, Native American stories, and early North American History, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2020 Laramie Book Awards LONG LIST. These entries are now in competition for 2020 Laramie Shortlist. The Short Listers will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions. Semi-Finalists will be announced and recognized at the CAC21 banquet and ceremony. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 17 CIBA divisions Semi-Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremonies April 21-25th, 2021 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash. at the 2021 Chanticleer Authors Conference–whether virtual, hybrid, or in-person.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2020 LARAMIE Book Awards for Western Fiction. Good luck to all as your works move on to the next rounds of judging.
2020 Laramie Book Awards Long Listers
- Fred Dickey – Days of Hope, Miles of Misery
- David Fitz-Gerald – She Sees Ghosts? The Story of a Woman Who Rescues Lost Souls
- Clay Houston Shivers – The Marauders of Pitchfork Pass
- DL Fowler – The Turn
- JR Collins – Legend of Swell Branch
- John W. Bebout – The Cause of Darkness- A Story of the Civil War
- Eileen Charbonneau – Mercies of the Fallen
- James Kahn – Matamoros
- Gerry Robinson – The Cheyenne Story
- J. Palma – The Chaffee Sisters
- Susan Higginbotham – The First Lady and the Rebel
- Barbara Salvatore – Magghie
- Michael D. Abbott – Wyoming Wind
- J.C. Graves – Death is a Sharpshooter
- J.B. Richard – Jesse
- Terry D. Heflin – Scarlet Hem
- Mike Shellenbergar – Quail Creek Ranch
- Mike Shellenbergar – Four-Flusher
- Mike Shellenbergar – Refuge
- T.K. Conklin – Promise of Spring
- Elizabeth St. Michel – Surrender to Honor
- Gail Meath – Fire Blossom
- Van Temple – Whisperwood: A Confederate Soldier’s Struggle
- Michael T. Tusa Jr. – And Trouble Followed
- Rebecca Dwight Bruff – Trouble the Water, a Novel
- John Hansen – Elk Meadows
- Roger Newman – Will O’ the Wisp: Madness, War and Recompense
- E. Alan Fleischauer – Hunted
- T.J. Johnston – Lockett’s Crucible
- Daniel Greene – Northern Wolf
Which of these works will move forward in the judging rounds for the 2020 LARAMIE Book Awards for Western Fiction?
Congratulations to Eileen Charbonneau whose work Seven Aprils took home the Grand Prize for the 2019 Laramie Book Awards.
Our next Chanticleer International Book Awards Ceremonies will be held April 21 – 25, 2021, for the 2020 CIBA winners. Enter your book or manuscript in a contest today!
Don’t Delay! Enter Today!
We are now accepting entries into the 2021 Laramie Book Awards, a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at info@ChantiReviews.com.