Listen to or download this article:
The GERTRUDE WARNER Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Middle Grade Fiction. The Gertrude Warner Book Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards and Novel Competitions (CIBAs).
Named in honor of the author of the quintessential children’s series The Boxcar Children, Gertrude Warner.
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring stories of all shapes and sizes written to an audience between the ages of about eight to twelve. Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Historical, Adventure we will put them to the test and choose the best Middle-Grade Books among them. Looking for Young Adult Fiction? Check out our Dante Rossetti contest! Looking for Early Readers? Check out our Little Peeps Contest!
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from all 2020 Gertrude Warner entries to the 2020 Gertrude Warner Book Awards LONG LIST. These entries are now in competition for 2020 Gertrude Warner for the Semi-Finalists positions. Semi-Finalists will be announced and recognized at the CAC21 banquet and ceremony. The Finalists will be selected from the Semi-Finalists. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 17 CIBA divisions Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremonies April 21-25th, 2021 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash. at the 2021 Chanticleer Authors Conference–whether virtual, hybrid, or in-person.
These titles are in the running for the Semi-Finalists Level of the 2020 Gertrude Warner Book Awards for Middle Grade Fiction.
Good luck to all as your works move on the next rounds of judging.
- M.J. Evans – Mr. Figgletoes’ Toy Emporium
- Lis Anna-Langston – Gobbledy
- Catherine Grangaard – A Fairy’s Tails
- Poem Schway – The Infinity Pendant
- Jason Burrell – Ricky and the Abnormals
- Ruthy Ballard – Frankie and the Gift of Fantasy
- Pastel Gwendolyn Schway – Empire of Embers
- Laura Gerhardt Schonberg – Joker
- Ben Gartner – The Eye of Ra
- Gregory Saur – Best Shot Forward
- Molly Valentin – Francie is Afoot!
- Wendy Leighton-Porter – The Shadow of the Witchfinder
- Ian C Douglas – The Particle Beast
- Carolina Ugaz-Moran – Aline and the Blue Bottle
- Jay Spenser – The Barn Owl Mystery
- Jay Spenser –The Phantom Airplane Mystery
- Tricia L McDonald – The Sally Squad: Pals to the Rescue
- Catherine M. O’Connor – Throwing the World
- Alison Rice – Chasing Snow
- Frank Saraco – Life in the Grand Pause
- Suzanne Lowe – The Pirate Princess and the Golden Locket
- Kelly Oliver – Kassy O’Roarke, Cub Reporter
- Julie Lavender – Mrs. Amazing and The Seed
- Andres Faza – Hishi-mochi in the Sky
- Kling – CLI- The Colt
Good luck to all as your works compete in the next rounds.
Congratulations to Alex Paul whose work The Valley of Death – Arken Freeth Series took home the Grand Prize for the 2019 Gertrude Warner Book Awards
Our next Chanticleer International Book Awards Ceremonies will be held April 21 – 25, 2021, for the 2020 CIBA winners. Enter your book or manuscript in a contest today!
Don’t Delay! Enter Today!
We are now accepting entries into the 2021 Gertrude Warner Book Awards, a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at info@ChantiReviews.com.