The CLUE Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Suspense, Thriller, Crime, & Mystery Novels. The CLUE Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best books featuring suspense, thrilling adventure, detective work, private eye, police procedural, and crime solving, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them. (For light-hearted Mystery and Suspense entries see our Mystery & Mayhem Awards)
Information about the #CIBAs Long Lists and Short Lists and Announcement Rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors). We incorporate the Long List when the judges request an additional round of judging to accommodate the number and/or quality of entries received. These entries are now in competition for the 2018 CLUE SHORT LIST. Short Listers will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions.
The coveted First Place Category Winners of the 2018 CLUE Book Awards will be selected from the Semi-Finalists in the final rounds of judging. The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony.
The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the CLUE GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2018 CLUE Book Awards novel competition for Suspense, Thriller, Crime, and Mystery Novels.
- Deb Pierce McCabe – Red and Blue
- Pamela Beason – The Only One Left
- Timothy S. Johnston – The War Beneath
- A.J. McCarthy – Cold Betrayal
- Saralyn Richard – Murder in the One Percent
- Timothy Burgess – California Son
- Philip Derrick – Facing The Dragon
- Ginnie Padden – Holy Ones
- Cheryl L. Reed – Poison Girls
- E. V. Stephens – Shortcuts
- Nick Airus – The Manifesto Murders
- Lawrence Verigin – Beyond Control
- Elizabeth Crowens – Dear Bernie, I’m Glad You’re Dead
- John Young – The Nexus
- Melodie Hernandez – Forgotten Rage
- Dan M Portillo – The Lone Escapist
- CL Gibson – The Urge
- Lyle Howard – A Trace of Revenge
- Zach Fortier – Chakana
- Nicholas Kellum – Briar Falls
- Catherine Ketchum – The Gatekeeper
- Kara Wolfe – Number Four
- John W. Howell and Gwen M. Plano – The Contract Between Heaven and Earth
- Elaine Williams Crockett – Do Not Ask
- Carl and Jane Bock – Swamp Guide
- Karen Dodd – Scare Away the Dark: A Stone Suspense
- Alex Usher – Active Shooter
- Kelly Oliver – FOX, A Jessica James Mystery
- John Stafford – Prayer of Vengeance
- Susan Wingate – The Death of Vultures
- Ernesto H Lee – Out of Time
- Pat W Coffey – Changing Habits
- Elizabeth Crowens – Dear Mr. Hitchcock
- Laurie Scott – In Like a Lion
- Lisa Towles – Choke
- Paul McHugh – The Blind Pool
- Tom Edwards – No Greater Freedom
- Marilynn Larew – Hong Kong Central
- Ken Malovos – One Night In Amboise
- Chief John J. Mandeville – Pine Village Co-op Murders
- Zach Fortier – Cachbachie
- Kara Lumbley – As the Ribbons Fall
- Lauren E. Rico – Reverie (Reverie Trilogy, Book 1)
- Lauren E. Rico – Rhapsody (Reverie Trilogy, Book 2)
- Lauren E. Rico – Requiem (Reverie Trilogy, Book 3)
All Short Listers and SemiFinalists will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
To view the 2017 CLUE Book Awards winners, please click here.
The CLUE Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2018 CLUE Book Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is September 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.