Listen to or download this article:
The Cygnus Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Science Fiction, Steampunk, Alternative History, and Speculative Fiction. The Cygnus Awards is a genre division of Chanticleer International Book Awards and Novel Competitions (CIBA).
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring space, time travel, life on other planets, parallel universes, alternate reality, and all the science, technology, major social or environmental changes of the future that author imaginations can dream up. Hard Science Fiction, Soft Science Fiction, Apocalyptic Fiction, Cyberpunk, Time Travel, Genetic Modification, Aliens, Super Humans, Interplanetary Travel, and Settlers on the Galactic Frontier, Dystopian, our judges from across North America and the U.K. will put them to the test and choose the best among them.
CYGNUS Book Awards Alumni – The Stakes Are Out of This World!
Bennett R. Coles, a CYGNUS Grand Prize award winner for VIRTUES OF WAR, his debut novel, landed a sweet 3 book deal from Titan UK and he has just landed another from Harper Collins Voyager for his science fiction works.
We love having the CYGNUS awards and Chanticleer quotes on the covers! #justsaying
CYGNUS 1st Place Winners CHILDREN of the FIFTH SUN and IT TAKES DEATH to REACH a STAR by Gareth Worthington and Stu Jones were picked up by VESUVIAN Media Group.
Please email us about your work’s progress! We love to brag about CYGNUS Award-Winning Science Fiction
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2019 Cygnus Book Awards LONG LIST. These entries are now in competition for 2019 Cygnus Shortlist. The Short Listers will compete for the Quarter-Finalist positions. The Quarter Finalist works will compete for the Semi-Finalists positions. Semi-Finalists will be announced and recognized at the CAC20 banquet and ceremony. The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 16 CIBA divisions Semi-Finalists. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash.
These titles are in the running for the SHORT LIST of the 2019 Cygnus Book Awards novel competition for Science Fiction!
Good luck to all as your works move on the next rounds of judging.
- Lawrence Brown – David: Savakerrva, Vol. 1
- Mart Sander – The Goddess Of the Devil
- Jim Cronin – Aeon Rises
- William X. Adams – Intelligent Things
- Erick Mars & Mike Wood – A Legacy of Wrath
- Richard Mann – Purpose
- Brett A. Lawrence – Shadow Seers
- Callie Smith and Maura Smith – Fort Snow
- Andrew Lucas McIlroy – Earthling
- Charis Himeda – CRISPR Evolution
- Paul Ian Cross – The Lights of Time
- Jenn Lees – Stolen Time: Community Chronicles Book 2
- Robert M. Kerns – It Ain’t Over…
- J. I. Rogers – The Korpes Agenda
- D. D. Wolf – Orchids Ablaze
- Bryan K. Prosek – Paradoxal
- William T. Kenny – The Conscious Whole
- Alison Lyke – Forever People
- Paul Werner – Mustang Bettie
- V.L. Arias – The Expiration Date
- Adam Boostrom – Athena’s Choice
- Monica Harte – San Francisco
- Jay Ashkinos – Hypergiant – Compendium One
- Rey Clark – Titan Code: Dawn of Genesis
- Trever Bierschbach – Embers of Liberty
- Tim Cole – Insynnium
- Sandra J. Jackson – Playing in the Rain
- Samuel Winburn – Ten Directions
- Grace Goodwin – Rogue Cyborg
- J. Steven Young – Trumpery Resistance
- Robert Sells – Revelations
- Ken Hart – It was a Small Affair
- Jacques St-Malo – Cognition
- Timothy S. Johnston – The War Beneath
- Thomas McDaniel – Rekindled
- John Bowie – The Houses of the Curious
- Shami Stovall – Star Marque Rising
- D G Lamb – The Deepest Cut (Driven to the Hilt Book 1)
- Terry Persun – BIOMASS Rewind
- N. Matthias Moore – CLOUD 9
- Darrell Lee – The Apotheosis
- William X. Adams – Reluctant Android
- David C. Crowther – City of Drowned Angels
- Stephen Martino – The Final Reality
- K.N. Salustro – Light Runner
Congratulations to J. I. ROGERS for the KORPES FILE taking home the 2018 CYGNUS Book Awards Grand Prize Ribbon
All Semi-Finalists will receive high visibility along with special ribbons to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.
The CYGNUS Grand Prize Winner and the Five First Place Category Position award winners along with the Semi-Finalists will be announced at the April 18th, 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 CYGNUS Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2020. The winners will be announced in April 2021.