Listen to or download this article:
The M & M Book Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in the Cozy and Not-So-Cozy Mystery & Mayhem fiction genre. The Mystery & Mayhem Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring “mystery and mayhem,” amateur sleuthing, light suspense, travel mystery, classic mystery, British cozy, not-so-cozy, hobby sleuths, senior sleuths, or historical mystery, perhaps with a touch of romance or humor, our judges will read them to discover the best! (For suspense, thriller, detective, crime fiction, and more intense mysteries, please visit our Clue Awards page)
The 2019 CIBAs received an unprecedented number of entries making this book awards program even more competitive. More entries along with more competitive works make the final rounds of judging even more demanding. The judges have requested a new level of achievement to be added to the rounds to acknowledge the entries that they deemed should receive a high level of recognition.
We decided that this was the time to incorporate the new level – The FINALISTS – as requested by the CIBA judges. This new level will be incorporated into the 2019 CIBAs Levels of Achievement. The FINALISTS were selected from the entries that advanced to the 2019 M&M Semi-Finalists level.
Congratulations to the 2019 Mystery & Mayhem Book Awards for Cozy and Not-So-Cozy Mysteries FINALISTS!
- Susan Z. Ritz –A Dream to Die For
- Michelle Cox –A Veil Removed
- Lucy Carol –Hit That, Madison Cruz – Mystery 4
- MJ O’Neill –The Corpse Wore Stilettos
- JL Oakley –Hilo Bay Mystery Collection
- Henry G. Brinton –City of Peace
- Kaylin McFarren –High Flying
- Janet K. Shawgo –Legacy of Lies
- Kari Bovee –Peccadillo at the Palace
- Kari Bovee –Girl with a Gun – An Annie Oakley Mystery
- M. J. Simms-Maddox –Mystery in Harare
- Wally Duff –bada-BOOM!
- Arlene McFarlane –Murder, Curlers & Cruises
- Toni Kief –Mildred In Disguise With Diamonds
- Vee Kumari –Dharma, A Rekha Rao Mystery
- Jane Willan –The Hour of Death
- Gerard Shirar –When the Rules Don’t Apply
- Susan Lynn Solomon –Writing is Murder
Good luck to all as your works move on to the next rounds of judging.
The Finalists and the Semi-Finalists will be recognized at the 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference and at the 2019 CIBA banquet and ceremony.
The First Place Category Winners, along with the CIBA Division Grand Prize winners, will be selected from the 16 CIBA divisions FINALISTS. We will announce the 1st Place Category winners and Grand Prize Division Winners at the CIBAs Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, September 5th, 2020 at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash.
The M&M Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category Positions award- winners along with the previously announced Semi-Finalists will be recognized at the September 5th, 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Awards Gala,which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 Mystery & Mayhem Book Awards.