Listen to or download this article:
The OZMA Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Fantasy Fiction. The OZMA Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The #CIBAs).
Chanticleer International Book Awards discovers the best books featuring magic, the supernatural, imaginary worlds, fantastical creatures, legendary beasts, mythical beings, or inventions of fancy that author imaginations dream up without a basis in science as we know it. Epic Fantasy, High Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery, Dragons, Unicorns, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Gaslight Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, or other out of this world fiction, they will be put to the test and the best selected as winners of the prestigious CIBAs.
The 2019 CIBAs received an unprecedented number of entries making this book awards program even more competitive. More entries along with more competitive works make the final rounds of judging even more demanding. The judges have requested a new level of achievement to be added to the rounds to acknowledge the entries that they deemed should receive a high level of recognition.
We decided that this was the time to incorporate the new level – The FINALISTS – as requested by the CIBA judges. This new level will be incorporated into the 2019 CIBAs Levels of Achievement. The FINALISTS were selected from the entries that advanced from the 2019 OZMA Book Awards Semi-Finalists.
Congratulations to the 2019 OZMA Book Awards Finalists!
- Porter Huddleston – EL on Earth
- Benjamin Keyworth – Superworld
- Scott Benting – Search for the Armor of God
- Elana A. Mugdan – Dragon Blood
- Dan Zangari & Robert Zangari – A Prince’s Errand
- Tim Westover – The Winter Sisters: A Novel
- KC Cowan & Sara Cole – The Hunt for Winter
- S.J. Hartland – The 19th Bladesman
- Joy Ross Davis – The Singer Sisters
- Suzie Plakson – The Return of King Lillian
- Alex Paul – The Valley of Death, Arken Freeth and the Adventure of the Neanderthals, Book 5
- Mark S. Moore – Rise: Birth of a Revolution
- Michelle Rene – Manufactured Witches
- Susan Faw – Heart of Bastion
- Timothy Vincent – Tower, Sword, Stone and Spell
- Elizabeth Isaacs – The Scythian Trials
- Noah Lemelson – The Sightless City
These titles are in the running for the limited number of First Place positions of the 2019 OZMA Book Awards for Fantasy Fiction.
Good luck to all as your works move on to the final rounds of judging.
The Finalists and the Semi-Finalists will be recognized at the 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference and at the 2019 CIBA banquet and ceremony.
Congratulations to the Semi-finalists whose works have advanced to the Premier Finalists Level of Achievement in the 2019 CIBAs!
The 16 divisions of the 2019 CIBAs’ Grand Prize Winners, the First Place Category Position Award Winners, and all Finalists and Semi-Finalists will be recognized at the postponed (due to the Covid-19 pandemic) 2020 Chanticleer International Book Awards Annual Gala, now re-scheduled for Saturday, September 5th, 2020.
Join us at the Chanticleer Authors Conference at the luxurious Hotel Bellwether in Bellingham, Wash. or VIRTUALLY via ZOOM (more info to come!)
Use our link above to register now for this exciting event!
We are now accepting submissions into the 2020 OZMA Book Awards. The deadline for submissions is August 31st, 2020. The winners will be announced in April 2021.
Don’t Delay! Enter Today!
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.