Chanticleer Writing Contest Calendar at a Glance
Boost your discoverability, increase book sales, and grow your readership by winning a writing competition. In today’s crowded book market it is imperative that you find ways make your book stand out from the rest and sell more — contests are a great place to start!
Overall Chanticleer Best Book Annual Grand Prize $1,000.00
More than $30,000 in cash and prizes awarded annually!
February 28, 2017
November 30, 2016
Chanticleer writing competitions are challenging but rewarding
- Winning and placing in a Chanticleer writing contest will help promote your work and your author platform.
- Gives you something to post about, something to encourage interactions from followers as they congratulate you and re-share your accomplishments.
- Win badges for your website, and reviews to add to your book cover design, to help your book stand out when readers are making that all important purchasing decision.
- Show potential readers, agents, publishers that your book has passed a test of quality and readability that can help your book jump off the shelves at book stores and increase book sales, or open doors to agents and publishers.
- Contest submission deadlines help you meet your deadlines for your publishing goals.
- Finalists and winners get active promotion from Chanticleer across our social media platforms and our high traffic website, as well as our mail list of thousands.
- Join our Chanticleer family – form relationships and bonds with other winners, especially if you attend our Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala where winners gather from all over the world.
- Just plain have fun!
Three Different Writing Competitions
- The Chanticleer Genre Writing Competitions for Novels & Manuscripts. The entry fee is $55 per submission per category. Entries compete for: First in Category, Genre Grand Prize, and Chanticleer Grand Prize. (Cash awarded, see contest for details)
- NaNoWriMo RAW! (opens November) A competition for 1st & 2nd drafts only. Judged on raw story telling ability. There is an entry fee and prizes come in the form of Chanticleer services. Details will be available on the contest page when it opens. *Not affiliated with the official NaNoWriMo organization.
- The Short Story Awards: Short Stories, Novelettes, Novellas, 500 to 40,000 words. The entry fee is $25 per submission. (Cash awarded, see contest for details)
Winning a writing competition is an effective way to distinguish your work in the eyes of readers, agents, and publishers.
What are you waiting for? Your book could be a winner! Enter today.
Awards help your book get discovered!
Boost discovery and boost your sales. We want to see authors succeed and sell more books.
Plus, you can win cash and prizes!
More than $30,000 in cash and prizes! The Fine Print. & Projected announcement dates.
~$1000 for one lucky Overall Grand Prize Winner
~$2800 in Genre Grand Prizes
~$28,980 in reviews and promotional opportunites awarded to FIRST PLACE Category Winners
The Chanticleer Prize Package includes:
- A Prize Ribbon to use in promotion at book signings and book festivals
- Digital Badges for display on your website or incorporation into book covers
- Book stickers to identify your print books to book store shoppers as they browse
In addition to all the ribbons and badges and cash awards we will be showering you with, you will also receive a powerful promotional boost from Chanticleer Reviews, with:
- Your name and book title announced on our high traffic website and email list of thousands at several stages, the farther you go in the competition, the more promotion you will get
- Corresponding social media announcements of your contest advancements
- Corresponding newsletter announcements to our sizable email list
- Your winning title’s review published in our Chanticleer Reviews Magazine
- Your book may also receive trade show representation as we show off our winners at conferences and trade shows across the US and Internationally. We like to show off our winners in as many ways as we can.
- Your book may also be seen and noticed by agents, publishers, Hollywood producers, and others within the publishing and entertainment industry who see our contests as a way to spot new and upcoming talent and original story ideas
- Prizes may also include donations from contest sponsors. For example: Free subscriptions to the Writer Magazine (print for US/CAN, electronic for INTL) for the Grand Prize Winners, Free services from Bublish for the Overall Grand Prize Winner awarded to our 2015 contest entrants.
Finalists, Winners, Contest News
Our Contest Genres:
- The Chatelaine Awards for Romance and Romantic Fiction
- The Laramie Awards for Western, Pioneer & Civil War, North American Historical Fiction
- The Chaucer Awards for Early Period Historical Fiction: Pre-historic, Ancient, Dark Ages, Medieval, Renaissance, and World History
- The Goethe Awards for Late Period Historical Fiction: Regency, Victorian, 18th Century, 19th Century, 20th Century, turn of the century, and World History
- The Somerset Awards for Contemporary, Literary & General Fiction including adventure, magic realism, and women’s fiction
- The Clue Awards for Thriller and Suspense Novels: Crime, Police Procedural, Medical Procedural, Legal Procedural, detective, private eye, spy, espionage
- The Little Peeps Awards for children’s literature and storybooks
- The Middle Grade Fiction Awards
- The Dante Rossetti Awards for Young Adult Fiction including contemporary, historical, dystopian, edgy, urban, and multiple sub-genres
- The Mystery & Mayhem Awards (M&Ms) for Cozy Mystery Novels including amateur sleuth, adventure, caper, romantic suspense and more
- The Cygnus Awards for Science Fiction, Speculative Fiction, Time Travel Novels, Space Opera and more
- The Ozma Awards for Fantasy, Steampunk, Alternate World/History, Myth, Magic, Heroes, Villains, Fables, Fairy Tales, Legends
- The Paranormal Awards for Vampire, Werewolf, super powers, occult, and extra sensory perception
- The Journey Awards for Narrative Non-Fiction
You could be an award winning author.
Now that is something to CROW about!
Our contests published around the web on:
For more information, please visit our Prizes page. We invite you to read our Terms and Conditions and Submission Guidelines.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com. We promise to reply.