The Paranormal Awards writing competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Supernatural Fiction and Legends & Lore. The PARANORMAL Awards is a division of the Chanticleer Awards International Writing Competitions.
We are pleased to announce the PARANORMAL Awards Official Finalists List for 2014, otherwise known as the “Short List.” The Official Finalists Listing is comprised of entries that have passed the first three rounds of judging from the entire field of entrants. To pass the first three rounds of judging, more than sixty pages of the works below have been read and have deemed worthy by the CBR judges of continuing in competition for the PARANORMAL FIRST IN CATEGORY positions and their prize packages.
Congratulations to the PARANORMAL AWARDS 2014 FINALISTS:
- Kim Hornsby for The Dream Jumper’s Secret
- Norman L. Johnson, M.D. for Disappeared
- Glen Alan Burke for Jesse
- Stephen Cost for The Fall
- John D. Trudel for Raven’s Run
- Ashling Gowell for Cryptic Thoughts
- Lisa Voisin for The Angel Killer
- Melinda Viergever Inman for Refuge
- Sara Stamey for Islands
- Nicolas del Pozo for Time Spent Apart
- Linda Watkins for Mateguas Island
- Brian M. Oldman for Arena of God
- L.A. Wild for Chance the Darkness
- R.E. Steedman for Falling
- Joanne Jaytanie for Chasing Victory & Payton’s Pursuit
- Catherina Constantine for Wickedly They Come
- Ann Charles for An Ex to Grind
- Nikki Broadwell for Just Another Desert Sunset
- Monte French for Mischief, Mayhem, and the Blue Men of Minch
- Janet K. Shawgo for Find Me Again
- E.E. Holmes for Spirit Prophecy: Book 2
- Kaylin McFarren for Buried Threads
- AVH Conover for Clare
- Jennifer Kohout for Storm
- Erica Stevens for Captured
- Rebecca Nolen for The Dry
- Karen Monahan Fernandes for Strega
- Linda L. Creel for Eyes of Aeden
- Debra K. Roberson and D. L. Koontz for Crossing into the Mystic
- Laura Fitzpatrick for Niello
- Bruce Rettig for Midnight Stone
- Paula Heath for Quest: The British Vampire Series (Orphans of a Loveless God)
- E.Z. Graves for Love Zombies of San Diego
- Judith Ashley, Diana McCollum, & Sarah Raplee for Love & Magick: Mystical Stories of Romance
- Jeff A. Clements for Aphilion
Good luck to all the PARANORMAL Awards Finalists who made the Short List as they compete for the First In Category Positions!
More than $30,000 dollars in cash and prizes will be awarded to Chanticleer International Blue Ribbon Awards Winners annually.
The PARANORMAL First Place Category award winners will compete for the PARANORMAL Grand Prize Award for Best Supernatural and Paranormal Fiction Novel 2014. Grand Prize winners, blue ribbons, and prizes will be announced and awarded on September 29th at the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala, Bellingham, Wash.
The First In Category award winners will receive an award package including a complimentary book review, digital award badges, shelf talkers, book stickers, and more.
We are now accepting entries into the 2015 PARANORMAL Awards. The deadline is October 31, 2015. Click here for more information or to enter.
More than $30,000 worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to the 2015 Chanticleer Novel Writing Competition winners! Ten genres to enter your novels and compete on an international level.
Who will take home the $1,000 purse this September at the Chanticleer Awards Gala and Banquet?
Last year’s PARANORMAL GRAND PRIZE Award winner was Lisa Voisin for The Watcher.