Contemporary & Literary Novel Writing Contest | Chanticleer Book Reviews
The Somerset Awards ~ Contemporary & Literary Fiction Novel Writing Contest ~2018
The search for 2018's best Contemporary & Literary Fiction Books
Deadline Nov. 30th, 2018
Chanticleer Book Reviews is looking for the best books featuring contemporary stories, literary themes, adventure, satire, humor, magic realism or women and family themes, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them.
Prizes to be won:
- All First in Category Winners receive a coveted Chanticleer Book Review Package (value $395) and go on to compete for the Somerset Grand Prize
- The Somerset Grand Prize Winner is named Chanticleer Reviews Best Contemporary & Literary Fiction Book of the Year, and goes on to compete for the Chanticleer Overall Grand Prize Best Book of the Year
- The Overall Grand Prize Winner is named Chanticleer Reviews Best Book of the Year, and awarded the $1000 prize
- All Winners receive a Chanticleer Prize Package which includes a digital badge, a ribbon and a whole assortment of goodies detailed below (winners outside the US pay a shipping & handling fee)
Approximately $30,000.00 worth of cash and prizes each year! The Fine Print.
~$1000 for one lucky Overall Grand Prize Winner
~$28,980 in prizes and promotions awarded to Category Winners
Currently accepting entries. Deadline: Nov. 30th, 2018.
What are you waiting for? Enter today!
- A Prize Ribbon to use in promotion at book signings and book festivals
- Digital Badges for display on your website or incorporation into book covers
- Book stickers to identify your print books to book store shoppers as they browse
In addition to all the ribbons and badges and cash awards we will be showering you with, you will also receive a powerful promotional boost from Chanticleer Reviews, with:
- Your name and book title announced on our high traffic website at the finalist stage, the category winner stage, the genre grand prize stage, and the overall grand prize stage, depending on how far you go in the competition
- Corresponding social media announcements of your contest advancements
- Corresponding newsletter announcements to our sizable email list
- Your winning title's review published in our Chanticleer Reviews Magazine
- Your book may also receive trade show representation as we show off our winners at conferences and trade shows across the US and Internationally. We like to show off our winners in as many ways as we can.
- Your book may also be seen and noticed by agents, publishers, Hollywood producers, and others within the publishing and entertainment industry who see our contests as a way to spot new and upcoming talent and original story ideas
The Somerset Awards Categories are:
- Women's Fiction
- Magic Realism
Work submitted will be judged on the following criteria:
- Novels may be Manuscripts, Self-published, Indie Published or Traditionally Published.
- E-pub accepted.
- All published novels must have ISBN/ASIN designation, manuscripts are not required to have this designation at the time of submission.
- Entries must be in the English language.
- No erotica. No graphic violence, please.
- Copyrighted works before Dec. 31, 2015 will not be accepted.
- Novels must be 60,000 plus words.
- You may enter in more than one category. However, each entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
- You may enter more than one novel into a given contest.
- Default winners will not be declared. Contests are based on merit and writing craft.
- Digital Files must be submitted in PDF or Word DOC format.
- Fees and Digital File must be received before Nov. 30th, 2018 midnight.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions page aka The Fine Print. Prizes and Award Packages may change without notice.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email: info@ChantiReviews.com
Note: You will receive a confirmation email after you have uploaded your work and paid entrance fees through PayPal. PayPal also sends us your contact information. If we have any questions or concerns, we will contact you within 72 business hours of receiving entry(ies).