The CYGNUS Awards writing competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Science Fiction and Speculative Fiction. The Cygnus Awards is a division of the Chanticleer Awards International Writing Competitions.
We are pleased to announce the CYGNUS Awards Official Finalists List for 2016, otherwise known as the “Short List” from all the 2016 entries received. The Official Finalists Listing is comprised of works that have passed the first three rounds of judging from the entire field of entrants. To pass the first three rounds of judging, more than sixty pages of the works below have been read and been deemed worthy by the CBR judges of continuing in competition for the CYGNUS Awards FIRST IN CATEGORY positions and their prize packages.
Congratulations to the CYGNUS AWARDS 2016 FINALISTS and Good Luck as they compete for the First Place Category Positions:
NOTE: This IS the COMPLETE OFFICIAL LISTING of 2016 CYGNUS FINALISTS as of July 16, 2016.
- Nikki McCormack for Dissident (Forbidden Things, Book 1)
- Phillip Buchanon for The Supernal’s Experiment #3
- V. Lakshman for Mythborn 2
- M. D. Ireman for The Axe and the Throne
- Linton Rembert for The Aura
- Stephanie R. Sorensen – Toru: Wayfarer Returns
- Clint Hollingsworth – The Road Sharks
- Jonathan Renshaw – Dawn of Wonder
- L. Woodswalker – Tesla’s Signal
- Gary Grossman – Old Earth
- Robert L. Slater – Straight Into Darkness
- Sean P. Curley – Over
- Cyril Adams – The Peace Proxy
- Dennis M. Clausen – The Accountant’s Apprentice
- Jim Musgrave – Life in 2050
- K. N. Salustro – Unbroken Light
- Rachel Loepker – Bleeding Ink
- Howard Loring – Piercing the Elastic Limit: An Epic Fable
- Ryan London – Prophecy of the Immortals
- MW Huffman – BlackStar
- Jesikah Sundin – ELEMENTS (The Biodome Chronicles #2)
- Timothy S. Johnston – The Void
- Greg McLeod – King of Dreams
- Elizabeth Crowens – Silent Meridian: The Transparency of Time
Good luck to all the CYGNUS Awards Finalists who made the Short List as they compete for the First In Category Positions!
More than $30,000 dollars in cash and prizes are awarded to Chanticleer International Blue Ribbon Awards Winners annually.
The CYGNUS First Place Category award winners will compete for the CYGNUS Grand Prize Award for the 2016 Best Science Fiction and Speculative Fiction. Grand Prize winners, blue ribbons, and prizes will be announced and awarded on April 1, 2017 at the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala, Bellingham, Wash.
The First In Category award winners will receive an award package including a complimentary book review, digital award badges, shelf talkers, book stickers, and more.
We are now accepting entries into the 2017 CYGNUS Awards. The deadline is January 31st, 2017. Click here for more information or to enter. We have split CYGNUS Awards in to two separate competitions: Cygnus for Science Fiction and the OZMA awards for Fantasy. Visit our contest page for more information.
More than $30,000 worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to the 2016 Chanticleer Novel Writing Competition winners! Ten genres to enter your novels and compete on an international level.