Listen to or download this article:
Join the Magic!
Chanticleer International Book Awards is looking for the best books featuring magic, the supernatural, imaginary worlds, fantastical creatures, legendary beasts, mythical beings, or inventions of fancy that author imaginations dream up without a basis in science as we know it. Epic Fantasy, High Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery, Dragons, Unicorns, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Gaslight Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, or other out of this world fiction, we will put them to the test and choose the best among them and award them an OZMA Book Award!
Last year, Elana Mugdan, our Grand Prize winner, earned her title for Dragon Speaker, a story about a young girl who is charged with rescuing a dragon and, ultimately, saves her world in this wide-reaching fantasy conception of love, war, danger, and magic. Massive amounts of magic!
Elana has plenty of Magic going on these days, but how about you? Do you have what it takes to be the next OZMA Grand Prize winner? If you don’t enter, you’ll never know!
The last day to submit your work is October 31, 2019. We invite you to join us, to tell us your stories, and to find out who will take home the prize at CAC20 on April 18th, 2020.
As our deadline draws near, don’t slip into an alternate reality and forget to enter your fantasy novel! We accept completed manuscripts and published works.
We encourage everyone to attend our Awards Ceremony on April 18, 2019, that will take place during the 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference. First Place category winners will be whisked up on stage to receive their custom ribbon and wait to see who among them will take home the Grand Prize. It’s an exciting evening of dinner, networking, and celebrations!
First Place category winners and Grand Prize winners will each receive a stunning awards package well worth the price of entry into the OZMA Awards competition!
The OZMA Book Awards for Fantasy Fiction
Hall of Fame
The 2018 OZMA Book Awards GRAND PRIZE WINNER for Fantasy Fiction Novels:
Elana took home the OZMA Grand Prize Ribbon
Congratulations to the 2018 OZMA Book Awards for Fantasy Fiction Novels First in Category Winners!
- Virtuous Souls by Pamela LePage
- RAGNAROK: Demon Seed by Ea Bishop
- Money Jane by T.K. Riggins
- Heart Of Shadra by Susan Faw
- Into the North: A Keltin Moore Adventure by Lindsay Schopfer
- Antler Jinny and the Raven by Chris Dews
- Luminess Legends: Dragon Ascendants by Paul E. Vaughn
2017 OZMA Grand Prize Winner
How to Set the World on Fire by T.K. Riggins is a coming-of-age School of Magic novel that readers will find hard to put down.
2017 First Place Winners include:
- Eva’s Soul by Sarah M. Morin
- Daughter of Aithne by Karin Rita Gastreich
- In Her World: The Dark-Winter War by John W. Lord
- The One Apart: A Novel by Justine Avery
- Runebinder by Alex R. Kahler
- The Engine Woman’s Light by Laurel Anne Hill
- The Bookminder by M. K. Wiseman
2016 OZMA Grand Prize Winner:
Where myths and legends are brought to life!
2016 First Place Winners:
- Almost Mortal by Christopher Leibig
- Song Magick by Elisabeth Hamill
- Amaskan’s Blood by Raven Oak
- Camelot’s Queen by Nicole Evelina
- The Emperor of Babylon by Murray Lee Eiland, Jr.
- Darksea by Gary J. Hurtubise
Our 2019 Chanticleer International Book Awards feature more than $30,000.00 worth of cash and prizes each year!
- All First in 2019 Category Winners receive a coveted Chanticleer Book Review Package (value $425) and go on to compete for the Ozma Grand Prize
- The Ozma Grand Prize Winner is named Chanticleer Reviews Best Fantasy Fiction Book of the Year and goes on to compete for the Chanticleer Overall Grand Prize Best Book of the Year
- The Overall Grand Prize Winner is named Chanticleer Reviews Best Book of the Year and awarded the $1000 prize
- All winners receive a Chanticleer Prize Package which includes a digital badge, a ribbon and a whole assortment of goodies detailed below (winners outside the US pay a shipping & handling fee)
That’s more than $30,000.00 worth of cash and prizes! The Fine Print.
~$1000 for one lucky Overall Grand Prize Winner
~$30,000+ in reviews, prizes, and promotional opportunities awarded to Category Winners
Currently accepting entries. Deadline: Oct. 31st, 2019.