Listen to or download this article:
The Dante Rossetti Awards for Young Adult Fiction are named for the British painter and poet,
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Do you have a Y/A Fiction manuscript or recently published novel? Enter it today in the CIBA 2020 DANTE ROSSETTI Awards! Let us decipher the best of the best.
If you know anything about Chanticleer International Book Awards, you know that we never stop sharing the good news and accomplishments of our authors! Never!
What that means is we believe in book promotion, highlighting our winners, standing on our platforms and telling the known world all about YOUR BOOK!
Sound good to you?
Enter your Y/A Fiction Novel TODAY into the CIBA 2020 DANTE ROSSETTI Awards.
Chanticleer has chosen Dante Rossetti as the namesake of our young adult fiction awards, because of Rossetti’s strong connection to works of beauty and emotions as swift as the changing seasons. Both aspects embody what it means to be young. We feel that the sentiment expressed by the Pre-Raphaelite movement exemplifies what inspires many authors to pick up their proverbial pens to express their emotions and their observations of the visceral dynamics of living.
Besides, he was a rock star. He founded the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, an exclusive group in the mid-nineteenth century which garnered as much fame and attention as equatable to the Game of Thrones cast today.
The Love Song by Sir Burne-Jones who was mentored and influenced by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
You won’t regret it – Just ask the following authors who did enter, and won!
The 2018 DANTE ROSSETTI Book Awards GRAND PRIZE:
WHISPERS by Lynn Yvonne Moon
2018 Dante Rossetti Book Awards for Young Adult Fiction
First in Category Winners
- Climb, Run, Drown by Cheryl G. Bostrom
- Tookan Attack by Alex Paul
- Reality Gold by Tiffany Brooks
- 2nd Gen by Andrea and William Vaughan
- Change of Chaos by Jacinta Jade
- Sneaking Out by Chuck Vance
- Soul Sacrifice by Susan Faw
Here’s a little more about our Dante Rossetti … (can we claim him as our own?)
Rossetti’s paintings, in particular, were characterized by the long and wavy hair of young women. It is this youthful beauty that has been immortalized in his work and captures the immovable spirit of adolescence which is so fraught with changing emotions. These women he painted are often quite romantic. His wife would often model for the paintings or the wives of his friends in the Brotherhood. It was rumored that Rossetti had several lovers…
Visitors today can view Rossetti’s work at the Louvre or the Met. In addition to painting, he was also a writer. Several of his poems address emotions and feelings in all of their complexity, similar to his painted works.
La Viuda Romana, 1874 by our fav guy, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
The 2017 Dante Rossetti Book Awards Grand Prize:
SLAVE to FORTUNE by D. J. Munro
2017 Dante Rossetti Book Awards for Young Adult Fiction First in Category Winners
- Nature’s Confession by JL Morin
- Cryptic Spaces: Dark Edge Rising by Deen Ferrell
- Track Two on Repeat by Rebekah N. Bryan
- Becoming Jonika by PJ Devlin
- Soul Sanctuary by Susan Faw
The 2016 Dante Rossetti Book Awards Grand Prize:
SEER of SOULS by Susan Faw
2016 Dante Rossetti Book Awards for Young Adult Fiction First in Category Winners
- SeaJourney by Alex Paul
- School of Deaths by Christopher Mannino
- Souls Untethered (previously Xodus) by K.J. McPike
- The Other Side of the Wire by Harold Coyle
The 2015 Dante Rossetti Book Awards Grand Prize:
The GIRL and the CLOCKWORK CAT by Nikki McCormack
2015 Dante Rossetti Book Awards for Young Adult Fiction First in Category Winners
Alix Nichols – What If It’s Love
- Kathe Maguire – The Harriet Club
Christopher Allen Poe – Dark Sight
Danielle Burnette – The Spanish Club
- James Zerndt – The Cloud Seeders
- Pamela Beason – Race with Danger
- Luke Evans – Hex
- Gail Selvig – O.W.L.S. and Other Creatures of the Night
- Lis Anna-Langston for Tupelo Honey
The 2014 Dante Rossetti Book Awards Grand Prize:
LEGACY: Biodome Chronicles Book One by Jesikah Sundin
2014 Dante Rossetti Book Awards for Young Adult Fiction First in Category Winners
- Padgett Lively for Odette Speex: Time Traitors, Book 1
- Gretchen Wing for The Flying Burgowski
- Jesikah Sundin for Legacy: The Biodome Chronicles, Book 1
- Roni Teson for Twist
- S.A. Hunter for Elanraigh: The Vow
- Nely Cab for Fruit of Misfortune: Creatura Book 2
- Chris Pawlukiewicz for Dreams of a Red Horizon
- Scott Smith for An Outcast State
- Stephanie Keyes for The Star Catcher
- Elizabeth Barlo: Ruth 66
- Tiana Warner for Ice Massacre
- Elisabeth Hamill for Song Magick
- Mark Murphy for The Curse of the Thrax
- Kirsten Pulioff for The Escape of Princess Madeline
- Ben Hutchins for The Lackawanna Prophecies: Black Shadow
The 2013 Dante Rossetti Book Awards Grand Prize:
The BOREALIS GENOME by Thomas & Nancy Wise
2013 Dante Rossetti Book Awards for Young Adult Fiction First in Category Winners
- Cryptic Space – Book One: Foresight by Deen Ferrell
- Creatura by Nely Cab
- Sanctuary by Pauline Creeden
- The Undead by Elsie Elmore
- Spirit Legacy by E.E.Holmes
- The Immortal Game by Joannah Miley
- Black Crow, White Lie by Candi Sary
- All is Silence by Robert L. Slater
- Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl by Andre Swartley
Want to be a winner next year? The deadline to submit your book for the Dante Rossetti Awards is June 30, 2020. Enter here!
Do your works have what it takes to make it through the CIBA judging rounds? Submit manuscripts and published works into the Chanticleer International Book Awards – Click here for more information about The CIBAs!
The last day to submit your work is June 30, 2019. We invite you to join us, to tell us your stories, and to find out who will take home the prize at CAC20 on September 5th.
The deadline for 2019 submissions is June 30, 2020. Grand Prize and First Place Winners for 2019 will be announced on September 5th, 2020.
Any entries received after June 30, 2019, will be entered into the 2020 Dante Rossetti Book Awards Young Adult Fiction. The Grand Prize and First Place for 2020 CIBA winners will be held on April 17, 2021.
As our deadline draws near, don’t miss this opportunity to earn the distinction your work deserves! Enter today!
The DANTE ROSSETTI Book Awards is a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards – the CIBAs.
The winners will be announced at the CIBA Awards Ceremony on September 5th, 2020, which will take place during the 2020 Chanticleer Authors Conference. All Semi-Finalists and First Place category winners will be recognized, the first-place winners will be whisked up on stage to receive their custom ribbon and wait to see who among them will take home the Grand Prize. It’s an exciting evening of dinner, networking, and celebrations!